The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

1st year management student

Ask me what u want
Reply 1
How I have quite a few questions, if you don't mind :smile:

1) how complex is the maths as compared to A level?
2)if there any coursework?
3) what are the students and staff life?
4) what is your timetable like?
5)how's the social life?

I was supposed to be in this year's managment class... one can dream
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by ecomicat
How I have quite a few questions, if you don't mind :smile:

1) how complex is the maths as compared to A level?
2)if there any coursework?
3) what are the students and staff life?
4) what is your timetable like?
5)how's the social life?

I was supposed to be in this year's managment class... one can dream

Why how come you're not? I'll try to answer systematically haha

1) really not too bad, the maths itself is straightforward but it's completely economic related so it's a bit different but the lecturer himself takes the piss saying the maths is so basic.
2) yeah there is some but most of it is in groups which makes it quite fun
3) the staff are fine, most are just students doing phd's and so they're still young which is nice, the students on this course are waaay more social and nice than on others. It doesn't matter what your personality is like there'll be someone you'd make good friends with
4) really empty in the first term tbh, think I have 9 hours contact time a week and then if you don't go to the lectures (a lot don't) it's even less
5) the social life is a lot better than what people say, if you wanted too there's something to do every night. The social life does depend on what halls you're in quite a bit tho..
Hey, I too have some questions.

How great is the work load in comparrison to A level? I'd say I'm not THAT motivated in terms of study but it hasn't hindered my academic performace as of yet, do you think this will be a problem at LSE? (From what people say about other courses the workload is ridiculous, is this untrue or 'manageable' for Management)

Above you said social life much depends on the halls you're in. i'm not introverted and can see myself partying a lot, which halls would you say more cater that lifestyle?

Lastly, is there anything you dislike from your time there ? (seems like you love it)

Really appreciate you helping out some concerns of others (myself included).

Thanks 😄
Reply 4
Original post by Shadizzle
Hey, I too have some questions.

How great is the work load in comparrison to A level? I'd say I'm not THAT motivated in terms of study but it hasn't hindered my academic performace as of yet, do you think this will be a problem at LSE? (From what people say about other courses the workload is ridiculous, is this untrue or 'manageable' for Management)

Above you said social life much depends on the halls you're in. i'm not introverted and can see myself partying a lot, which halls would you say more cater that lifestyle?

Lastly, is there anything you dislike from your time there ? (seems like you love it)

Really appreciate you helping out some concerns of others (myself included).

Thanks 😄

To be honest i was always the same through a levels and GCSEs, 'y strategy has always been to enjoy life up until exams where I cram revision quite a bit and since being at LSE nothing's really changed. This term just gone I'm doing 4 modules and 2 are complete course work (so there's hardly any work for them) and the other two are fine. I think this course is really not too bad in terms of work load. I've been coping fine with not that much work outside of lectures and I have my weekends completely free and manage to go out clubbing a couple times a week.

I strongly recommend bankside and Connaught hall if you want that seen as these are the only two halls that permanently have a bar. But I've heard passfield and car Saunders are decent too (they have an open bar every other week which is pretty good).

As for something I dislike, maybe the fact that everyone is really smart and motivated (unlike myself haha) is a bit intimidating but really it's not too big of a problem. Also the fact that there's probably 3 French people for every UK student is a bit annoying cause they seem to stick together quite a bit, but again it's really not much of an issue :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by M8ty
Why how come you're not? I'll try to answer systematically haha

1) really not too bad, the maths itself is straightforward but it's completely economic related so it's a bit different but the lecturer himself takes the piss saying the maths is so basic.
2) yeah there is some but most of it is in groups which makes it quite fun
3) the staff are fine, most are just students doing phd's and so they're still young which is nice, the students on this course are waaay more social and nice than on others. It doesn't matter what your personality is like there'll be someone you'd make good friends with
4) really empty in the first term tbh, think I have 9 hours contact time a week and then if you don't go to the lectures (a lot don't) it's even less
5) the social life is a lot better than what people say, if you wanted too there's something to do every night. The social life does depend on what halls you're in quite a bit tho..

Friggin extenuating circumstances.

Just spoke to LSE and they said they'd take me on basis of other grades.

Sounds great to be honest... Enjoy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending