The Student Room Group

My predicted grades for GCSE are too low and do not reflect my true intellect.

Basically, My predicted grades are E and D's. However i have been getting A*-B average on most subjects assessments. :frown: . The system comes up with the predicted grades and honestly it is extremely inaccurate and pedantic. I want to apply for Solihull sixth form however my predicted grades are too low to meet entry requirements for A-Level :frown:. What should i do? Can i explain this to Solihull and show them my Go4School's grades?

When you say the system comes up with, you are referring to TARGET grades not predicted grades. Your target grades would be based on historical assessments independent of your secondary school (things such as Key stage 2 levels etc.)

You PREDICTED grades are based on your current assessments and then teacher input. If your predicted grades really ARE E-D then either you are not telling the truth about your assessment grades or your teachers are all ganging up on you (which is very unlikely) :P

Also your target grades are NOTHING to do with college applications, they will want you predicted grades.

Alex
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by edgehead37
Basically, My predicted grades are E and D's. However i have been getting A*-B average on most subjects assessments. :frown: . The system comes up with the predicted grades and honestly it is extremely inaccurate and pedantic. I want to apply for Solihull sixth form however my predicted grades are too low to meet entry requirements for A-Level :frown:. What should i do? Can i explain this to Solihull and show them my Go4School's grades?

Forget about them. Just get your real grades.
if it worries you; talk to your teachers about it. if you're telling the truth about your assessment grades - they should lift your predicted grades up for you no problem. just talk to someone who can do something about it.
I would:
Talk to the teachers about it. If you are getting As then they will have no reason to not give you a higher predicted grade.
If worst comes to worst explain to Solihull and show them your current grades.
Reply 5
These target grades mean nothing, my target grades were 1 or 2 grades lower in every subject compared to what I actually achieved.
It doesn't matter my grades are low to like e's and d's but in the exam I won't get those grades it doesn't matter try do well in the real exam x
Reply 7
Don't worry. I was predicted a D in Core science this year but I came with an A.Perhaps, your predicted grades are what school wants from you and they are from SAT's.Try ask your teacher for your grades.In maths, I am predicted a 5+ from my school; despite being in top set in my year, however my teacher wants an 8 from me.So, ask your teacher as normally teacher's prediction are more reliable.
Original post by edgehead37

Complain to the school, definitely. Otherwise, contact your aspired sixth form and explain the situation.
Your mtgs are based on ks2 but talk to your teachers if your predicted grades don't match the grades you've been getting. However, don't let them pull you down because they are only PREDICTED- remember that!
I exceeded some of my predicted grades, met others and sadly missed 2 by one mark (thanks to controlled assessments and for one subject a bad teacher)
One of the ones I exceeded was one i exceeded by 3 grades but I don't blame my teacher do that as I was truly hopeless but found a tutor 7 weeks before exams and it was like a dream come true on results day- looking at the grades I didn't think I'd even be close to chirping for some subject made me not really care about the subjects that I didn't do as well as I thought I would plus I was still able to do them at a level so it wasn't an issue and also I'm an internal student so my place was pretty reserved. Talk to the sixth form you want to go to. When you have your sixth form meeting the evidence that shows you are a high achieving student that your predicted grades don't reflect and also show your enthusiasm in both the meeting and your personal statement for sixth form ( we were all made to write one but don't know how it works for other such forms)
Lastly but most importantly- MAKE SURE YOU PUT IN AS MUCH HARDWORK AS YOU CAN AND GET HELP IF YOU NEED IT EVEN IF IT MEANS (our school had such sessions) HAVING TO GO TO SCHOOL ON SATURDAYS AS IN THE END ITS ALL UPTO YOU AND WILL ONLY AFFECT YOU IN THE LONG TERM BECAUSE GRADES ARE JUST FIGURES FOR SCHOOL THAT THEY AIM TO IMPROVE EVERY YEAR. IN THE END PREDICTED GRADES MEAN NOTHING!
Resources for help:
Maths:
Mathsgenie topic past papers (every topic from E-A*)
Hegarty maths videos and website
Raw maths
Mathwatch (get login from school)
Khan academy (personally i didn't like this but that's just me you might find it useful)

English:
Open up texts on random page and make up a questions and attempt answer
Anlayse articles following structure of q's
Videos (not my thing but to be honest I hated revising for eng as I felt it just came naturally to me there and then- eng was and I guess kinda still is my fav subject)
Practise speed planning- very important

The science subjects:
Mysciencelessons (or whatever it's called -it's aqa but I did OCR however it was still very helpful I know you have to pay now hit there are a lot of videos on YouTube)
Tyler De Witt's videos on YouTube
Doc Brown ( I suppose this could be helpful for you but unfortunately not for me but do check it out)
Cgp guides
If you do OCR gateway do but the big textbooks- the one with the London eye on the cover (that's how I recognise it)- I wish I bought them
And remember, JUST WORK HARD AND YOU WONT BE BEATIBG YOURSELF UP ON RESULTS DAY
GOOD LUCK!

Quick Reply

Latest