The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I dunno how to answer your question but congrats for getting an interview :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks democracy! good luck with ur app. :smile:
Another Med school starting interviews AHHHH! Best of luck though, you're the first person I've heard about for St Georges!
Reply 4
Congratulations! Good luck with your interview in two weeks time. :eek:

You're the first 2008 applicant I know of who has an interview (although my friend already has an offer in computing...). I applied to St. Georges too, so if I don't hear back from them I will beat you with a lollipop in a jealous rage.

I need to stop eating lollies while I make posts...
Reply 5
LOL ^^

Yeah well done. Just crash read all the medical suppliments and BBC health bit, and learn your PS very well.
I just read my PS for the first time since making those last minute 4am changes very near to deadline day. I cannot believe the drivel that I supposedly spouted. I really don't want to have to justify some of the statements in it.

I may start planning my next year out now...

EDIT: And good luck to the OP!
Reply 7
well done lil_dreamer, thats amazing! i applied to St George's too. i haven't received a confirmation yet, let alone an interview! i'm not in the mood for interviews yet, i need to concentrate on some catching up this half term, im sooooooooo behinde with revision.

try getting the 150 answers to medical interview questions or something like that just to put on the right track,i havent read the book but i ordered a copy to see what it's like. it should be good from the reviews i read.

good luck!
Revise up on recent news in Medicine, go over your Personal Statement once again so you can make sure you can talk about everything you mentioned. For example, if you said that you volunteered at a Special Needs school .. make sure you can talk about the illnesses and disabilities that the kids suffered and a general knowledge of the illness etc. :smile:

Good Luck! Hope it goes well :smile:
Reply 9
Good gravy, they're already dishing out offers...Hmm wonder how quickly they take to send out rejections...
Reply 10
Well done!

malaz, can i have the ISBN for that book please?
Reply 11
My friend got one as well yesterday, congrats. :smile:
Reply 12
WoW! I applied to St. George's as well and haven't even received a confirmation letter yet. I hope I don't have my interview too soon because that's the last thing I need on my head right now - this BMAT preparation is the biggest pain in the arse since I revised all my computing AS syllabus in the weekend before the exam last year.

Although, I really hope that letter will come :frown:.

Is this the book you were talking about? I'm just about to order it!
congrats on ur interview
tips for the interview:
- read up on current health+nhs issues
- read st.george's prospectus
- read up on ur own school...might be random, but a friend of mine last year was at the cambridge med interview, and they asked her who ellen wilkinson was(ellen wilkinson is the name of our school) but since no real emphasis is put on ellen w in our school, it was lucky that she knew already :rolleyes:
- good luck :smile:
Reply 14
minim

I've got that book. It has a lot of useful stuff in it but also some stuff that they would never expect you to know as an applicant. Or at least i hope they won't expect us to know it.
And yeah read BMJ (British Medical Journal), specially, in the morning of your interview day. They tend to be more interested on very recent medical issues which you can easily find in BBC, newspapers or BMJ.
Yeah, but before mentioning something you read in the BMJ; make sure you understand the article fully as sometimes the terminology used is quite complex and if you talk about something you don't understand, its most likely that they'll question you further on what you just mentioned even if it was just a passing reference.

Make sure you know what happens after you graduate btw .. FY1, FY2 etc.

And the course structure and what you can bring to the med school in general etc. :smile:
Reply 17
malaz, can i have the ISBN for that book please?

ISBN-10: 1905812043 that's the ISBN for the book.

Yes this is the one. mine has arrived but i gotts go to pick it up. the thing is i stopped going to the town centre since this BMAT revision started i have to read up on my GCSE stuff again, fun! i was so pleased not to resit any of my GCSE's and now i have to go through them again.grrr
Reply 18
Cheers for that :smile:
Reply 19
it's ok. i hope it's worth the money.

Latest

Trending

Trending