The Student Room Group

Cambridge Engineering Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EllieBee98
Do I still stand a chance with stellar grades but horrible interviews? Brutally honest please..

Would love to know this too 👌🏼 don't worry, if one of your interviews went well you're in a better position than me 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha in my second interview they didn't bother asking the last question (I found out there was an additional one from the other interviewees) so I should be able to confidently say that it was bad hahaha, but yeah as jneill said its one part of your app
Original post by jneill

Also, interviewees are often bad at judging how well their interview actually went...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say that my second interview was bad, by any standards. This was partly because I listed on my subject topics something that I haven't really studied for (it was due to confusion) and hence I really mucked that part up.

Also they didn't bother asking me extra technical questions as I only found out from another interviewee that they asked an extra question..

Furthermore one of the interviewers actually creeped me out.. it seemed that he was a little socially awkward (that may be my assumption)

Yeah so what would you reckon of my chances if one of my interviews went well and the other went horribly? Thanks a lot appreciate the feedback
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1182
Original post by onlyvips
Mines went okayish
They prompted me for some things and I did make a silly small mistake but I corrected myself

I hope I get in 😬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what college did u apply to?

And goodluck with your application.
Original post by m15es
what college did u apply to?

And goodluck with your application.

Churchill!
Thank you
What about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many questions did you all get asked? I got asked 3 in my first and 1 in my second which we went in depth into.

What about you allm
Original post by metrize
How many questions did you all get asked? I got asked 3 in my first and 1 in my second which we went in depth into.

What about you allm

How much in depth did you go?
Original post by Misuraf
How much in depth did you go?

Well they just kept asking questions about it and more details about the system. What college did you apply for?
Original post by metrize
Well they just kept asking questions about it and more details about the system. What college did you apply for?

Trinity, how about you?
Original post by Misuraf
Trinity, how about you?

Downing. Have you had your interview? If so how did you find it
I had my interview yesterday at Queens'. It was fun :smile:
Original post by metrize
Downing. Have you had your interview? If so how did you find it

I think it went well; can't judge though really - everyone applying is so good
Original post by Misuraf
I think it went well; can't judge though really - everyone applying is so good

how many questions did you asked?
Original post by metrize
how many questions did you asked?

We went through the test in the first one and got asked 4 (short-ish) in the second
Original post by Misuraf
We went through the test in the first one and got asked 4 (short-ish) in the second

Ah interesting. Did you find going over the test was particularly useful? (By test you mean the ENGAA or one you did at interview?
Original post by metrize
Ah interesting. Did you find going over the test was particularly useful? (By test you mean the ENGAA or one you did at interview?

No I mean the test at interview. How difficult was the question they asked you?
Original post by Misuraf
No I mean the test at interview. How difficult was the question they asked you?

i don't know if it was very difficult, just a new scenario and they wanted to know what happen in the imperfect scenario
Is anyone here feeling optimistic for the 12th? I'm not 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who here applied to robinson college?
Original post by davozgenius
Who here applied to robinson college?

Me myself and I😂 not getting in though probably

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sassy01
Me myself and I😂 not getting in though probably

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol lets hope for the best, how did you find the test?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending