The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hawk

Queen's in Belfast had a minimum requirement last year, for entry in 2004, of 6A*s at GCSE (don't quote me on this figure but it was something around 6 or 7 A*s), apparently this may go down slightly for 2005 entry as there are going to be more places available.

ah, that would be one i didn't know of then! :wink:
Reply 21
Hawk
unfortunately this is not the case,

Queen's in Belfast had a minimum requirement last year, for entry in 2004, of 6A*s at GCSE (don't quote me on this figure but it was something around 6 or 7 A*s), apparently this may go down slightly for 2005 entry as there are going to be more places available.

Queen's has probably the strictest entrance offers ever, its like AAA and A in AS subject. Plus its in Northern Ireland, where the education system is absoubtely amazing. I speak form first hand experience.
Reply 22
Plus its in Northern Ireland, where the education system is absoubtely amazing. I speak form first hand experience.

I presume you went to school heer for some time?

I agree the system is much better than that in other parts of the UK, but unfortunately this may no longer be so when the 11+ is to be scraped.
Reply 23
wow....lol... 6A* i know some1 that got in with 4 As and 5Bs and a D!... got 3 As at a level....he got into a good uni too liverpool.... btw i aint applying for the high unis ill most probably apply to machester shefield... York and somewhere else... hopefuly that might increase my chances ... and oh yeh i got the work experiance thru contacts (in high places) abroad. :smile:
Reply 24
Oh yeah how do you become a member of a society like chem or biology?

Latest

Trending

Trending