The Student Room Group

Would You Rather Be Lonely or Broke For Your Whole Life?

I would prefer being lonely for my whole life. If i was broke I would end up causing difficulty for my family by not being able to provide. I care little about my loneliness.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Broke. I'm very lonely right now and it's not a nice feeling.
Original post by uninteresting

Hmm. I guess if you were lonely then you would have no need to be super rich as you would not be relied upon.
(edited 5 years ago)
Definitely broke and have a full life.
Not have money apart from necessities for the rest of my life? I'd rather be lonely. After all, I can still attend events like concerts that don't require friends right?
Original post by AlyKat2000
Definitely broke and have a full life.

What if you hurt people while you are broke? For exanple you might have your family around but you might be of little use to them when you can't get food on the plate ya feel me? Being rich you could get food for them even if it means you are alone elsewhere.

Neither is sleeping in freezing snow with nothing to cover you than a scarf just saying
Original post by X_exceed
Not have money apart from necessities for the rest of my life? I'd rather be lonely. After all, I can still attend events like concerts that don't require friends right?

I guess I mean be lonely af. Like no company. Not in a deserted place but just in a world where you are almost invisble.
Original post by Christopher77
Neither is sleeping in freezing snow with nothing to cover you than a scarf just saying

You wouldn't be alone tho...
Broke!! If you have loads of money but are lonely, you could use that money for bad such as drug use and alcohol due to the depression that comes with loneliness! <3 but if you're broke and lonely, in simple terms (Unless we're counting possibly earning money after being broke and not lonely...) you'll still be way happier and less likely to be depressed and sad! Money doesn't equal happiness <3
Original post by Dragon5555
What if you hurt people while you are broke? For exanple you might have your family around but you might be of little use to them when you can't get food on the plate ya feel me? Being rich you could get food for them even if it means you are alone elsewhere.
I definitely would never want to hurt my family so that would be adding another piece to it. I think I'd rather be lonely then and wait until my parents came to recuse me to help.
You wouldn't be alone tho...

yeah at least I'd have me and my homies on the streets to snuggle up with and spoon during the night
PRSOM
Original post by wallflowerannie
Broke!! If you have loads of money but are lonely, you could use that money for bad such as drug use and alcohol due to the depression that comes with loneliness! <3 but if you're broke and lonely, in simple terms (Unless we're counting possibly earning money after being broke and not lonely...) you'll still be way happier and less likely to be depressed and sad! Money doesn't equal happiness <3

no girl wants a broke guy so broke = lonely either way
Original post by Anonymous
yeah at least I'd have me and my homies on the streets to snuggle up with and spoon during the night

Exactly :biggrin:
I've been broke in the past and it f***ing sucks, so depressing. Then again, I've never really been lonely, so I don't really have a base for comparison as to what's worse.
Original post by Anonymous
no girl wants a broke guy so broke = lonely either way

What about your family?
You wouldn't be alone

Being lonely and broke are not mutually exclusive as this question suggests what if you were lonely and broke. Financial hardship would pressure you’re chances of being in solitude than the other way around. Solitude does not lead to financial hardship if we would never be break. Once again the mutual exclusivity bars financial hardship from being a possibility
Original post by Dragon5555
What about your family?

I don't want to turn up to my family at thanksgiving like some hobo
Exactly :biggrin:

You're messed up mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending