The Student Room Group

Would You Rather Be Lonely or Broke For Your Whole Life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aidenscott19
erm.. i just thought like no family members or friends not the world evaporating.

be more specific next time

You've never seen my threads before? They are always this bad. I let the people use their imagination 😂
Original post by Dragon5555
I would prefer being lonely for my whole life. If i was broke I would end up causing difficulty for my family by not being able to provide. I care little about my loneliness.

Lonely or alone? No money at all or just not money to do things other than pay bills and buy food?
Original post by MyNameIsSophie
Lonely or alone? No money at all or just not money to do things other than pay bills and buy food?

Alone and no money at all.
Define lonely. Your kind of loneliness may be a luxury to me.
Original post by JDieMstr
Define lonely. Your kind of loneliness may be a luxury to me.

You are invisible to those around you.
Alone and no money at all.

No money at all, at least with friends and family they can help you. I've been alone, no friends and not close to my family and I don't have much money but having friends helped massively, I'm only 18 and live with parents and am in college so it's not the same as being completely broke but we did end up in temp accommodation with not much help from anyone and it was devastating, you can't even compare having no money to having no one, being lonely and alone is the worst and will kill you.
You are invisible to those around you.

Lonely for sure. It was pretty much my high school life lol
It doesn't matter, it's not like I'll ever have the choice of picking only to be one or the other.
I've been both, and being lonely is worse.

It's easier to make money than friends.
There is nothing like taking someone ... skiing for example: You provide the transport, the money for motel & lift tickets, a jug of wine, the money for food - take her to dinner, brekky, lunch...etc. And for 3 or 4 days, all you hear is her complaining about absolutely everything under the sun!! Everything she can think of. Absolutely NOTHING that you do is even remotely acceptable. I have had this experience, for several ski seasons - with the same person - At this point in time, this sounds incredible. I can't believe that i'm even writing this. My ONLY excuse is that a> i knew that this gal had problems, and i knew her "ex" - who i considered a 'nut case'. If i had had to live with him [even as a room-mate - i.e. non-sexual relationship], i'm convinced that we would have come to blows within a short period of time. I figured that - as she had been married to him for 8 or 9 years, she would be 'damaged', and would require a bit of help to get over the abuse she had suffered. At this point in my life, i had taken a number of courses in psychotherapy [i briefly considered a career as a therapist], and had some therapeutic tools in my tool-box. It ultimately turned out that the 'damage' was much more extensive than i had imagined, and that her 'ex' was responsible for only a fraction of it. She was well and truly 'nutz' - far beyond my poor ability to do anything to help her. The better she got to know you, the worse her behaviour became. After about 3 years of exposure on more or less weekly dates, she would fly into rages with little or no warning. She broke my glasses 3 times - whilest i was wearing them. She did this by hitting me with her fists. Twice, i was driving in heavy traffic, once in a heavy snow-storm. Without my glasses i was 20/200 - nearly blind. Given the choices outlined, i'll take 'lonely' any time. At least your glasses aren't broken. Cheers.
Lonely. Absolutely. Truly lonely people apparently live a shorter life on average, however being financially stable or even wealthy just means you can drown that out with holidays to Malta.
broke obviously.
So if I am lonely but rich- I will sorround myself with people and parties.

If I am broke- I don't have this option so I choose the former.
Original post by Rabbit2
There is nothing like taking someone ... skiing for example: You provide the transport, the money for motel & lift tickets, a jug of wine, the money for food - take her to dinner, brekky, lunch...etc. And for 3 or 4 days, all you hear is her complaining about absolutely everything under the sun!! Everything she can think of. Absolutely NOTHING that you do is even remotely acceptable. I have had this experience, for several ski seasons - with the same person - At this point in time, this sounds incredible. I can't believe that i'm even writing this. My ONLY excuse is that a> i knew that this gal had problems, and i knew her "ex" - who i considered a 'nut case'. If i had had to live with him [even as a room-mate - i.e. non-sexual relationship], i'm convinced that we would have come to blows within a short period of time. I figured that - as she had been married to him for 8 or 9 years, she would be 'damaged', and would require a bit of help to get over the abuse she had suffered. At this point in my life, i had taken a number of courses in psychotherapy [i briefly considered a career as a therapist], and had some therapeutic tools in my tool-box. It ultimately turned out that the 'damage' was much more extensive than i had imagined, and that her 'ex' was responsible for only a fraction of it. She was well and truly 'nutz' - far beyond my poor ability to do anything to help her. The better she got to know you, the worse her behaviour became. After about 3 years of exposure on more or less weekly dates, she would fly into rages with little or no warning. She broke my glasses 3 times - whilest i was wearing them. She did this by hitting me with her fists. Twice, i was driving in heavy traffic, once in a heavy snow-storm. Without my glasses i was 20/200 - nearly blind. Given the choices outlined, i'll take 'lonely' any time. At least your glasses aren't broken. Cheers.

Oh my..

Alone and rich like Batman it is then.
Original post by MrChill
Oh my..

Alone and rich like Batman it is then.

Seems to work for me... Not ideal, but it works. Cheers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending