The Student Room Group

Leicester City owner's helicopter crash..

Sure most are aware but still....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-46006470

Got to say If he was in that there's no chance I'd have thought, looks like an absolute fireball/carnage...says it left the pitch as usual after the game and either the engine totally cut out or the tail propeller stopped working and it apparently fell like a stone and exploded on impact.
Reply 1
Thoughts are with those affected.
THis looks worse and worse the more I see of it. BBC are even suggesting that Claude Puel the manager was on board. Really hope everyone in boaed is ok, but it really doesn’t look good. I’m lost for words.
Original post by sr90
THis looks worse and worse the more I see of it. BBC are even suggesting that Claude Puel the manager was on board. Really hope everyone in boaed is ok, but it really doesn’t look good. I’m lost for words.

It's terrible. Only way it could be worse is if they'd left 15 minutes earlier - crashed in the car park outside one of the gates which had a few thousand people milling around just moments before.
As soon as we have news on the people within the helicopter, someone give me a bell.
thoughts and prayers go out. Looks bad.
Really really sad news.

Puel confirmed ok.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
It's terrible. Only way it could be worse is if they'd left 15 minutes earlier - crashed in the car park outside one of the gates which had a few thousand people milling around just moments before.

That would have been the pure nightmare scenario. My thoughts go out to those in the helicopter, seems like it was just pure bad luck and something just stopped working :frown:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Leicester confirm all 5 on board the helicopter, including owner, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, have all passed away. RIP. Thoughts are with friends and family
Confirmed by the club that all five on board, including Khun Vichai passed.

https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/1056666958870073345?s=09

A truly great gentleman. Not just what he did for the club but for the city and the community. Regular donations to local charities, right down to putting on tea parties for children in hospital and laying out bottles of whisky in the remembrance garden. My home town was lucky he took us into his heart.
Reply 10
Rip
More investigations are continuing as to how it happened but it seems the pilots diverted the helicopter to a quieter part of the car park than other, busier areas which could have resulted in more casualties. INormally I'd be sceptical of an owner having such a close relationship with his players and whether that was abit too much and having an influence on decisions, but in this case he showed a genuine bond for his team. I'm sure his son will take over the reins and try to keep things going.
That is really a big loss. After I heard of Srivaddhanaprabha's death and his engagement for the club, it is really sad that a man like him must die. Such a popular man both for the players and the fans, that is a rarity in these times of football. He performed very well, the championship with the foxes will always be linked with his name and work, he will remember forever.

:rip:

Quick Reply

Latest