The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well it all depends on how well it was marked. I got 42, just within the A* bracket, so I hope it was marked properly! Is the person who marked your work generally generous with marks?
Reply 2
is yours being moderated as well then?

erm, im not sure- it was checked by other teachers- and some people in our class got C's so its not like everyone got A*s

xxxx
Reply 3
Most results remain the same.
vioxx
Most results remain the same.

Yeah, if the teachers have done their job properly, it might go up or down by a mark or two (although they won't usually take marks off).

The only thing to watch is if your teacher's been overly generous on some of the others (very unlikely, but it could happen). Not to scare you, but if they've overmarked by 10% on average, EVERYONE from your school will get their History coursework knocked down by 10% :s-smilie:

Obviously the teachers know about this though - if anything they'll have marked hard so it works in reverse and everyone's gets bumped up :wink:
At my school, they were moderated by teacher, then head of History, before some were sent off for externa moderation. I hope they dont change. What did you guys get?
Reply 6
I heard a funny thing a couple of days ago. A school near mine tried to be clever with their PE coursework marks; and put all the student's marks really low in the hope that when the moderator comes, he bumps the marks up significantly. They put people that should have been getting A*s as high Bs, and people that were A's as low Bs etc. But the official line from the moderator was that the exam board trusts their marks. Hahaha. That backfired. Though I feel sorry for the students.
Reply 7
vioxx
I heard a funny thing a couple of days ago. A school near mine tried to be clever with their PE coursework marks; and put all the student's marks really low in the hope that when the moderator comes, he bumps the marks up significantly. They put people that should have been getting A*s as high Bs, and people that were A's as low Bs etc. But the official line from the moderator was that the exam board trusts their marks. Hahaha. That backfired. Though I feel sorry for the students.

Haha thats great! Serves the school right though!
I do feel sorry for the pupils, thats really lame :rolleyes:
Reply 8
do you know the grade boundary for history coursework. i'm with edexcel. and i'm writing my first question piece for coursework right now. :biggrin:
Reply 9
our history teacher wouldn't tell us what we got in our coursework, wtf :/
Reply 10
I got 25/25 on both pieces :biggrin: So thats A*... Umm...
I will try to find out.
Hang on...
(Im on OCR btw)
My teacher's a history examiner and I got 48.. guess he knows what he's doing :smile:
Reply 12
yep same- 25/25 for both! (OCR)
did anyone else do prohibition and the new deal?
chbutterfly, I am pretty sure your coursework is an A*, or in the worst case a very high A. in any case, it only counts for the significant minority of your overall mark so just work hard for the exam! :smile:
Reply 13
I got 87/100 for my coursework and I'm with Edexcel, any ideas what grade that equates to?
louisepwhu
Haha thats great! Serves the school right though!
I do feel sorry for the pupils, thats really lame :rolleyes:

I can't believe you only have 12 exams.
I had 20!
and I've done 9 so far...
Reply 15
i wouldn't worry too much about the coursework tbh. if your school has a good record (you can ask them if marks have been changed before) then i doubt it would change, and also if the teachers are experienced.
Reply 16
is anyone else with AQA btw beause im confused about what questions well be asked- and what this whole thing of you have have to pick one from germany, 1 from russia is about- could someone explain please

xxxxxxxx
i think the layout goes like this, there's 2 questions you have to pick, and the order is either
1) Germany
2) Russia

or

1) Russia
2) Germany

You can do either Russia or Germany for the first question, but in the second question, you HAVE to do the other area of study. You can't do the same country for both questions.

Think that's it!

And i did awful on coursework....36/50
I have awful technique when it comes to answering history questions...which is annoying to say the least
Reply 18
thanks alot!

so which is one paper one- and which is on paper two?

also, what russia stuff is it cos its not the russia we did cw on like the tsar etc - so what is it?

thanks

xxxxxx
Paper 1: International Relations [not sure what you're doing - we do the cold war and britain in one of the world wars]

Paper 2: Russia/Germany [or USA or Britain depending on what your school does]

Latest