The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
dismal_laundry
Bad boy Ed:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Me good really:puppyeyes:
I hate it when people put a satirical message in their signature thinking that it is great and better than everbody elses.

Wait a sec....

:redface:
Why bother asking this question? You know you're only going to get a bunch of joke responses....
prettylittlerichgirl
Because it's what I enjoy :smile:. I would hate to be in a mundane career doing something I hate just because I have the intelligence to do it. I don't feel like working as a photographer is 'beneath' me, just because I have good predicted grades at GCSE. And because I already have experience and contacts in the industry so it's an easy field for me to break into.

“I have little patience with scientists who take a board of wood, look for its thinnest part, and drill a great number of holes where drilling is easy.” -Albert Einstein

Furthermore, if you are a 'prettylittlerichgirl' then surely most things are beneath you.
Hedgehunter
“I have little patience with scientists who take a board of wood, look for its thinnest part, and drill a great number of holes where drilling is easy.” -Albert Einstein

Furthermore, if you are a 'prettylittlerichgirl' then surely most things are beneath you.

ROFL :biggrin:
n1r4v
dis manz ere is lyk bare disrespectful 2 ma bredrins.

Maybe you should tell him to be respect others and maybe he can get some respect from me...
Reply 66
i put my grades in cause i was bored and just wrote them in!

and my grades aren't that good anyway! but u know!
RoadWarrior
Maybe you should tell him to be respect others and maybe he can earn some respect from me...

Its just that I find it rude that people try to boast of their wealth, and frankly laughable if they are actually quite poor.
n1r4v
y would people want to get respect from you though?

do you think you are the big poppa?

You're the one who said I "disrespected him" and now you say that no one wants respect from me. Fine. If he doesn't want my respect, then I can "disrespect him" then. Why don't you just give up?

I didn't ban him...Maybe you should speak to a :tsr2: mod instead...
Hedgehunter
Its just that I find it rude that people try to boast of their wealth, and frankly laughable if they are actually quite poor.

Are you talking to me? Where did I boast about my wealth? I never claimed to be rich...
RoadWarrior
Are you talking to me? Where did I boast about my wealth? I never claimed to be rich...

No, the 'Prettylittlerichgirl' above that you 'ROFLed' at my response to..I think we may have been talking cross-purposes.
Hedgehunter

Woah, I honestly didn't expect an argument to come up from what I want to do with my life.
To be honest, I don't see what business it is of yours what I want to do. I want to do it because I enjoy it, because I am very good at it and because it makes me happy. Would you rather I was sat in the corner of an office making the world go round when I would so much rather be taking pictures of it?
And to be honest, I can't even be bothered to argue the username one, because I realise it is probably the most horrible arrogant name ever and I really wish I had thought of something less big-headed.
Reply 72
prettylittlerichgirl
Woah, I honestly didn't expect an argument to come up from what I want to do with my life.
To be honest, I don't see what business it is of yours what I want to do. I want to do it because I enjoy it, because I am very good at it and because it makes me happy. Would you rather I was sat in the corner of an office making the world go round when I would so much rather be taking pictures of it?
And to be honest, I can't even be bothered to argue the username one, because I realise it is probably the most horrible arrogant name ever and I really wish I had thought of something less big-headed.

hey if you want to do photography that's good! :biggrin:

and you'd probs earn a lot more money! and it's something you enjoy...so go for it! :biggrin:
prettylittlerichgirl

Calm down. The username isn't that bad. Most people will take it as a sarcastic joke (certainly I did!)
prettylittlerichgirl

Ok, its not up to me to question your ambitions (and frankly why should i care) and I am glad that you have realised your error in username creation.
Hedgehunter

I don't think she is trying to boast. It is probably like a joke or something. There was no need to say it is "laughable if they are actually quite poor." That crosses the line a bit :s-smilie:
I think it is good someone is "thinking outside the box" as those business people would say. Better than unimaginative people anyway...
Reply 77
Could we try to stay on topic please guys :smile:
I would never put my grades on my signature, probably because people would look down on me since mine are about 3 grades lower than what they would consider acceptable.
Reply 79
chloecouture
I would never put my grades on my signature, probably because people would look down on me since mine are about 3 grades lower than what they would consider acceptable.

haha i know what you mean! my grades are alright but to some people they are rubbish!

oh well!

Latest