The Student Room Group

Universities offering QTS

This is probably a really stupid question and really obvious but ... some of the universities say “at the end of the course you will be recommended for QTS” and other universities say “at the end of the course you will be awarded your QTS and will be qualified to reach in a school”. Am I missing or something, or am I correct in thinking they are different and the latter is better? Thank you x
They are the same. Once you have finished your degree, your university will notify the DfE and they will then award the QTS. Some universities phrase this as 'recommended for QTS'. This is because the university itself does not award the QTS. You are awarded the QTS by the university telling the DfE that you have met the standards for this award. They will then award you with QTS. Once you have been awarded QTS you must complete the induction period (NQT year) to complete the final part of the award.

Hope this clears things up. If you are concerned about a particular degree, reply with a link to it and I will have a look for you.
Reply 2
Thank you so much. You’re proving to be quite helpful 😂😆 (you offered me lots of help on my last thread). Thank you for that that’s cleared up a lot.
Original post by bwilliams
They are the same. Once you have finished your degree, your university will notify the DfE and they will then award the QTS. Some universities phrase this as 'recommended for QTS'. This is because the university itself does not award the QTS. You are awarded the QTS by the university telling the DfE that you have met the standards for this award. They will then award you with QTS. Once you have been awarded QTS you must complete the induction period (NQT year) to complete the final part of the award.

Hope this clears things up. If you are concerned about a particular degree, reply with a link to it and I will have a look for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending