The Student Room Group

MSc Social Work at Stirling 2020 anyone?

Anyone planning on doing the MSc Social Work Postgraduate Diploma at Stirling in 2020? Just wondered how you got on with your stage two task and if you think you will get a bursary. I got a mediocre 15/20

Scroll to see replies

Hey,
I was reading a few threads on here that were saying your stage two task would determine if you receive a bursary or not. So I emailed the uni and I got 17/20, I’m hoping this is enough. Have you applied to any other university’s ?
Reply 2
Hey, I have no idea what I got for my stage two task I’ll just wait and see. Have you guys accepted your application? Will you be staying in Stirling or do you have other plans? I need to look for accommodation still as I don’t fancy travelling. :/ Congrats on the offer guys!!
Hey I never knew what I got, but I emailed the uni and they told me. I’ve accepted Stirling as my insurance choice and Glasgow Caledonian as my firm. If I go to Stirling I’ll probably drive, roughly 45 minutes. Well done on your offer btw ! Fingers crossed we get the bursary.
Reply 4
That's not too bad tbh, I not sure what score I got but I have contacted them via the hub to find out.
Original post by CoolBreeze89
Anyone planning on doing the MSc Social Work Postgraduate Diploma at Stirling in 2020? Just wondered how you got on with your stage two task and if you think you will get a bursary. I got a mediocre 15/20
Reply 5
Anyone heard about SSSC registration yet?
Reply 6
ive registered myself online with the SSSC, just waiting for it to be manually endorsed.
Reply 7
Anyone heard from university about nominations? I got an email today 😁
Original post by dmcc0183
Anyone heard from university about nominations? I got an email today 😁

Yes, and thankfully it was a welcoming email to say I have been nominated for the SSSC bursary.

I scored 15/20 for their task, so I was completely unsure whether it would have been enough, but I made it in the end.

How did you do?
Reply 9
Yes, and thankfully it was a welcoming email to say I have been nominated for the SSSC bursary.

I scored 15/20 for their task, so I was completely unsure whether it would have been enough, but I made it in the end.

How did you do?

Hey, glad you got good news. I got nominated too so that's great. Just trying to work out what documents need to send to SSSC for the manual endorsement from my employer.
Hey, glad you got good news. I got nominated too so that's great. Just trying to work out what documents need to send to SSSC for the manual endorsement from my employer.

Thank you.

Congratulations on your offer.

I’ve sent mine away yesterday. It has to be printed out and filled in manually rather than electronically. The university can endorse this. Documents needed are simply photographic ID and proof of address.
Thank you.

Congratulations on your offer.

I’ve sent mine away yesterday. It has to be printed out and filled in manually rather than electronically. The university can endorse this. Documents needed are simply photographic ID and proof of address.

Thanks for the info. I work in childcare so the way I read into that my current employer would need to endorse it. For proof documents do these need signed by the endorser ??
Thanks for the info. I work in childcare so the way I read into that my current employer would need to endorse it. For proof documents do these need signed by the endorser ??

Cool.

I’m not completely sure about the endorsement process. In my case, I basically went on to the SSSC website, printed the social work student application out and took it to the university. Are you going to Stirling? A girl called Jessica Caie, who administrates the course, signed all my paperwork. She also photocopied and signed my photographic ID and proof of address, and from here I enveloped it all and sent it to the SSSC head office.

I’ve not had to get anyone else to sign anything, such as employers or anything. Please note that I also had to pop in a PVG update along with all of this, which was the only thing Jessica was unable to countersign - the SSSC countersign and pay for this anyway.

Assuming as you work with children you’ll already be a PVG member, so when you send your SSSC application away once you’ve printed this, along with your signed photocopies, pop a PVG update in your envelope. Your work should be able to give you this.

With regards to whether they are the ones who will endorse the application, perhaps it’s best to speak to them. Everything seemed fine with mine being signed at the university.

I had specifically contacted SSSC about this due to the section on the application titled ‘Employment’, which then gave a drop down menu for “student”. According to them, we should insert this rather than your employer as it is a “student” application we are making. The issue with this, however, was the course start date. As the course starts on 13/01/2020, it didn’t let me proceed with the form. The advice she gave me was to simply insert the present date when doing the form, then once it was printed, to then score it out and write in the official course start date with a pen.

This ‘override’ seemed to work. Again, I’m not sure in your circumstances about your employer endorsing it. It’s a student application though, so I would have thought this would have to be done by the university?
Cool.

I’m not completely sure about the endorsement process. In my case, I basically went on to the SSSC website, printed the social work student application out and took it to the university. Are you going to Stirling? A girl called Jessica Caie, who administrates the course, signed all my paperwork. She also photocopied and signed my photographic ID and proof of address, and from here I enveloped it all and sent it to the SSSC head office.

I’ve not had to get anyone else to sign anything, such as employers or anything. Please note that I also had to pop in a PVG update along with all of this, which was the only thing Jessica was unable to countersign - the SSSC countersign and pay for this anyway.

Assuming as you work with children you’ll already be a PVG member, so when you send your SSSC application away once you’ve printed this, along with your signed photocopies, pop a PVG update in your envelope. Your work should be able to give you this.

With regards to whether they are the ones who will endorse the application, perhaps it’s best to speak to them. Everything seemed fine with mine being signed at the university.

I had specifically contacted SSSC about this due to the section on the application titled ‘Employment’, which then gave a drop down menu for “student”. According to them, we should insert this rather than your employer as it is a “student” application we are making. The issue with this, however, was the course start date. As the course starts on 13/01/2020, it didn’t let me proceed with the form. The advice she gave me was to simply insert the present date when doing the form, then once it was printed, to then score it out and write in the official course start date with a pen.

This ‘override’ seemed to work. Again, I’m not sure in your circumstances about your employer endorsing it. It’s a student application though, so I would have thought this would have to be done by the university?

Thanks for the information. I called SSSC and because I work for the council and I am already on the SSSC registration on a different part the person thought it should be fine for employer to endorse. If there any issues at least I know I can fire to the university to get it signed.
Thanks for the information. I called SSSC and because I work for the council and I am already on the SSSC registration on a different part the person thought it should be fine for employer to endorse. If there any issues at least I know I can fire to the university to get it signed.

Oh, I see. Cool.

Well good luck with it all anyway, and again congrats with your bursary nomination!
Oh, I see. Cool.

Well good luck with it all anyway, and again congrats with your bursary nomination!

Thanks!! Hopefully see you at university 😁
Thanks!! Hopefully see you at university 😁

Awesome! Yes, and you too 😁
Hiya! Late to the thread.... I just got an unconditional a few weeks ago. I don’t know what I got for the task! How did you find out?

I’m really worried about tuition fees as the bursary doesn’t cover all of them
Hiya! Late to the thread.... I just got an unconditional a few weeks ago. I don’t know what I got for the task! How did you find out?

I’m really worried about tuition fees as the bursary doesn’t cover all of them. I got the email saying I’ve been nominated.
Congratulations!! Yeah it's not great that bursary is not covering all the fees but I'm putting aside some money from wages to put towards the amount left over. You can pay it up over the course of the academic year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending