The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Muppety_Kid
Also, apparently you have to sit the papers at the time they say (i.e. a "PM" paper can't be done early in the morning, even if you're supervised).

JCQ
transfer to a session on a later day may be permitted for those candidates

You can sit a PM paper in the morning if you are supervised - I had a clash between Music and Physics, Thu 22 May pm, and had Physics moved to the morning.
Reply 21
okay.. i was going to moan about my 5.15 hrs of exams. But you lot win :p:
Reply 22
however, its on Friday 13th, so i win again :p:
I've got (on the 13th)

economics unit 5 - 1 hr 30 mins
economics unit 6 - 1 hr 30 mins

biology unit 5 - 1 hr 30
bio unit 6 - 1hr 15mins
michaelyus
You can sit a PM paper in the morning if you are supervised - I had a clash between Music and Physics, Thu 22 May pm, and had Physics moved to the morning.

Mmm, exactly the same thing happenedf to my friend, we weren't allowed to talk to her all day.
any sources which say that you can't sit more than 3 hours in one session?

i have a clash so i'd like to get one set of exams moved to the PM.
Reply 26
i thought it was 6 hours in a day. I had 5 hours with english and psychology the other week, and knew people that had 6
Reply 27
I had 7 hours 45 minutes on Tuesday 20th May.

2 AS French exams (1h30 and 1h)
2 English Lit exams (1h30 and 45m)
1 ICT exam (2h)

They let me out of ICT early because I finished with an hour to spare :biggrin:
They stuck me in isolation all day though :frown:
Reply 28
Legend Killer
I've got (on the 13th)

economics unit 5 - 1 hr 30 mins
economics unit 6 - 1 hr 30 mins

biology unit 5 - 1 hr 30
bio unit 6 - 1hr 15mins

Ha! i have exactly the same exams! craaaazy :p:
michaelyus

Oh right - it's nice to know that some kid on the Internet has more of a clue than my exams officer!

I'm doing GCSEs and some AS papers, so since the two coincide, I've got more clashes than everyone else. I was doing AQA Law on 23 May (PM), but my school doesn't have a sixth form, so I had to go to another college to do it. That was fine, but it also clashed with my GCSE Science exam (40 minutes long - what is the point, OCR?). She said she looked at getting me to do the Science in the morning before everyone else, but apparently I wasn't allowed.

In the end, I had to miss the Science exam, go to this other college and do the Law at the same time as the other AS student, then the ex-exams officer had to drive me back in his car so I could take the Science late! It was about 5pm by the time I'd finished - I'd rather just have been supervised over lunch!

I could understand one mistake, but the day before my WJEC French AS when I asked if I could listen to the recording on a laptop because it's easier to rewind, she was adamant I wasn't allowed to pause the tape, so I had to go racing off to get the spec! Not the sort of thing you want to hear 24 hours before you sit the paper! :eek:
Reply 30
Muppety_Kid

I could understand one mistake, but the day before my WJEC French AS when I asked if I could listen to the recording on a laptop because it's easier to rewind, she was adamant I wasn't allowed to pause the tape, so I had to go racing off to get the spec! Not the sort of thing you want to hear 24 hours before you sit the paper! :eek:

I was really worried they were gonna do that to me too :eek:

But thankfully, they didn't :p:
Ziffachan
I was really worried they were gonna do that to me too :eek:

But thankfully, they didn't :p:

Yeah, thankfully!

It goes to illustrate something my dad's always been telling me, but I never really believed before Year 11:

"You shouldn't trust anyone until they give you a reason to do so"

and:

"If it gets screwed up, you have to sort it out. It might not be your fault, but it's still your problem".

Sad but true :frown:

Latest