The Student Room Group

Advice on flat searching in London

I have recently graduated uni and I am now moving to London to start a graduate scheme in Central London.

Does anyone have any advice on how to find a flatshare/flatmates? (with nice friendly people)

thanks x
Generally I use spareroom. Put up an ad and look for nice places.

Where are you looking? We have a double room in West Kensington that my landlord is looking to fill. £700p/m (PM me if interested).
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
My issue with spareroom is so many of the ads are from agents - and then you have the same issue with not knowing who you would move in with.
Original post by skw123
My issue with spareroom is so many of the ads are from agents - and then you have the same issue with not knowing who you would move in with.

It's certainly an issue. I find there's not much you can do except look for the ads put up by ordinary people, which are often early bird ones.

As hinted at, I recently moved into a place with a friend but when I put up an ad on Spareroom I had a few normal people get back to me. They were often in areas further out (Zone 3/4), which I think makes a lot of sense as people living there are more settled. Maybe that's worth considering.

Also, where are you looking?
Reply 4
Tbh I'm new to London so I'm really not familiar/that sure on area yet but maybe like Battersea, Angel, Clapham. Not too sure yet - but something pretty central.
Original post by skw123
Tbh I'm new to London so I'm really not familiar/that sure on area yet but maybe like Battersea, Angel, Clapham. Not too sure yet - but something pretty central.

Sounds alright. Angel would be my suggestion but it's more expensive that way, I believe.

Again if you missed my first post, my landlord is looking to fill a double room on the cusp of West Kensington/Fulham.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending