The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure Louise will be along to help you soon but as Leicester has gone up in the league tables now, the general belief is that the lowest they will take for any course is CCC. Though it will depend on the course- Law and Medicine will have much higher requirements than other courses.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Louise is like the spokesperson for Leicester Uni. Though I'd like to know myself.. I'm aware they're more lenient than some Unis, but it'll be interesting to know if anyone got accepted even if they missed their offers by some distance.
Psychology is really competative at most places and leicester isnt any different in that sense. It is a big course however, and the uni as a whole are leinient so who know you may be ok.

Personally I dont know anyone who got those grades and got in as a typical offer is AAB- ABB but there may be some people who did. I dont really know or talk to many people on my course so dont have a wide knowledge in that respect.

I did a BTEC National diploma and As levels, and got DDDbb (If that makes no sense to you a BTEC is marked on distinctions, mertis or passes. A Distinction =120 points, so DDD= 3x 120, 360) My offer was DDM (equal to ABB)
Ive just graduated with a psychology degree at Leicester. When I applied Im sure the offer was ABB and I got AABC. I also think the offer has gone up now as Leicester Uni seems to be climbing the league tables. Correct me if Im wrong
I think the they want their students to get AAB now at A2 :s-smilie:
Got unconditional offer with AAA, but I already had my grades. I think they typically like BBB-ABB, depending on the course. I study politics btw.
Reply 7
I got in last year for History with AABC. My offer was BBB.
AAB for psychology!! Fingers crossed i get it! :biggrin: highly unlikely considering how my exams have gone so far....but i can still hope lol
Reply 9
Need ABB for English. I hope I get it >< I have absolutely no idea how my exams have gone.
My offer was ABB, I got AAA, this is for English.
Reply 11
Offer AAB for Medicine, A in Chem
Reply 12
When I did my first year back in 2005 I needed BBB to get onto History and Politics, but got BBCC, and they still let me on
Reply 13
My Coursemate on IR got in on BCD, the course requirement was BBC. However with the university gaining a better reputation it is likely that this year's clearing or acceptance may be tougher than previous years. But best of luck to all =)
Reply 14
I got BABE (a year on and it's still not getting old :biggrin:) for a BBB offer. My mate got CCC for a BBB offer and got in too.
Reply 15
I got a 2:2 in my undergrad degree.

they said I needed a 2:1 minimum to do a Postgrad Course but coz I got a 1st in my dissertation they offered me a place.

im sure you're wondering what a monumental **** up of getting a 2:2 overall after gaining a 1st class dissertation.....I am still wondering where I went wrong myself LOL!!
Reply 16
ABB offer to do English and I got ABC but they still offered me a place. From what i've gathered from talking to other people it seems they were fairly lenient the year I started, couldn't say how this has changed now though.
I was supposed to get ABB and got ABD and an A at AS and they let me in :smile:

EDIT: I do History :smile:
milly.
I got BABE (a year on and it's still not getting old :biggrin:) for a BBB offer. My mate got CCC for a BBB offer and got in too.

:biggrin: I'm still amused with my 'BAD' :p:
I got an offer of BB (already had a C) so technically BBC, for languages.

Latest

Trending

Trending