The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

I'm not a Celtic fan but just want to say congrats on the win against Barcelona to mark the clubs 125th anniversary. A spectacular game and a win over arguably the best force in the world. Well Done! Neil Lennon is doing a brilliant job and whilst Rangers are lingering in the lower tiers of Scottish football against small minnow teams; Celtic are reaching astounding heights in Europe!

I think the final group table will finish:

1rst Barca
2nd Celtic
3rd Benfica
4th Spartak Moscow

Also, depends on Celtics game with Benfica this week in Portugal and Barca's game in Russia.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
I'm not a Celtic fan but just want to say congrats on the win against Barcelona to mark the clubs 125th anniversary. A spectacular game and a win over arguably the best force in the world. Well Done! Neil Lennon is doing a brilliant job and whilst Rangers are lingering in the lower tiers of Scottish football against small minnow teams; Celtic are reaching astounding heights in Europe!

I think the final group table will finish:

1rst Barca
2nd Celtic
3rd Benfica
4th Spartak Moscow

Also, depends on Celtics game with Benfica this week in Portugal and Barca's game in Russia.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Lol. Neil Lennon is not doing a good job. If the other cheek were still in the league he'd be sacked by now.

And why were there palastien banners there on Saturday? "Expect resistance if you don't allow existence" and a couple of flags? It an SPL game FFS not a student rally.

****e game though. Showed Celtic far too much respect. The players are far too scared of the jersey rather than the players.
Original post by wilko1991
Lol. Neil Lennon is not doing a good job. If the other cheek were still in the league he'd be sacked by now.

And why were there palastien banners there on Saturday? "Expect resistance if you don't allow existence" and a couple of flags? It an SPL game FFS not a student rally.

****e game though. Showed Celtic far too much respect. The players are far too scared of the jersey rather than the players.

Away you, you talk out your mothers ********.

*Palestinian. It's a way of spreading a message to other members of the support. A noble message.

Haha, go on sunshine :smile:
C'mon the hoops tonight. It's been a long time since i've been so excited about this Celtic team. It's been historic few days for this great club, with the 125 years, win against one of the greatest ever teams, and now the visit to Lisboa.

Wonderful, wonderful time to be a tim :smile:
****ing typical.
Reply 7265
Original post by Colonel.
****ing typical.

Haha, well and truly outplayed. BUT. Don't worry man, you lot are still going through. Spartak will be a simple task compared to the one we face at the Camp Nou.

Enjoy your CL football after the New Year!
Reply 7266
Original post by aa22
Haha, well and truly outplayed. BUT. Don't worry man, you lot are still going through. Spartak will be a simple task compared to the one we face at the Camp Nou.

We never even turned up, good performance by your guys. That Salvio was excellent I thought, constantly terrorising us.

Barca might field a weaker team? Although I don't imagine the Spanish press would accept two losses in the one group stage
Original post by R-KAM
We never even turned up, good performance by your guys. That Salvio was excellent I thought, constantly terrorising us.

Barca might field a weaker team? Although I don't imagine the Spanish press would accept two losses in the one group stage

If i were you i might be worried about that, i would like to see Barca play a stronger team but we're through already and can't finish below first so they might play the youth. Like last season we played the last game with just the youngsters.
Original post by aa22

Sounds about right, well said.
Reply 7269
Well well well. It looks like Rangers never cheated after all and we were just simply better than Celtic all along. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
Reply 7270
Original post by Jordan_1
Well well well. It looks like Rangers never cheated after all and we were just simply better than Celtic all along. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

/facepalm.

1. There's an appeal to be heard, the court found 66% in Rangers favour.

2. Still lied about contracts to the SFA. Hence all your titles were cheated.

3. 'We'? Do you support Rangers or sevco? I'm confused :confused:

Who is this guy?
Well Done! Celtic you have progressed to the last 16 of the CL.

FT: Celtic 2-1 Spartak Moscow
FT: Benfica 0-0 Barcelona

Haha at Benfica, who were boasting in the papers and the press about how they will beat Barca and they couldn't do it :lol: Congrats to the Celts though a great performance with a nice 81rst minute penalty winner from Kris Commons

Who do you want in the next round?

Could be against: Malaga, Man U, Dortmund, Shalke, Juventus, PSG or Bayern Munich.

Anyway, enjoy the celebrations and the qualification party in Glasgow. :smile:
228239_389129984501770_1413725649_n.jpg

Look at how silly that stupid tweet looks, and the ITV pundit yesterday called Olympiacios as 'Panathinikios'; an insult to them. Do they even know anything about football?
Reply 7275
J

Who do you want in the next round?

Could be against: Malaga, Man U, Dortmund, Shalke, Juventus, PSG or Bayern Munich.

Doesn't matter. Every of those teams could easily destroy Celtic.
Reply 7276
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
228239_389129984501770_1413725649_n.jpg

Look at how silly that stupid tweet looks, and the ITV pundit yesterday called Olympiacios as 'Panathinikios'; an insult to them. Do they even know anything about football?

Oh come on the only reason Celtic got through is because they beat Barcelona. No one could have predicted that.
Absolutely over the moooooooon!!!!
Reply 7278
Oh come on the only reason Celtic got through is because they beat Barcelona. No one could have predicted that.

"The only reason Celtic got through is because they beat Barcelona"

:toofunny:

As ridiculous as that is, we did also beat Spartak home and away and drew with Benfica at home.
It's a great result and even if Celtic get knocked out, they will get a nice chunk of CL monies... :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest