The Student Room Group
I've done this before. The training was very minimal - we were given a list of minimum requirements. If the caller met these then we would pass to the admissions tutor or the tutor would call them back. It was extremely busy and we got some very pushy students, some of whom unhappy that they couldn't get a clearing place on the medicine course!
Oooo, mind me asking where abouts is this job? I know UCAS do a similar thing or is it the same thing? . . .
Reply 3
Hi, it's at my uni. I got an email:

The Clearing Enquiry Service needs you

Are you a current student available to work during the Summer?

Do you want to help students who are seeking a place at University?

Do you have excellent communication and organisational skills, initiative and common sense?

Can you work under pressure and as part of a team?

The Clearing Enquiry Service is seeking current students to staff telephone lines to screen and assist our callers who are seeking a University place. At peak times the service receives 2,000 calls per day.

When will I work?

The Service operates from early August until the end of enrolment.

Your hours will be 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm Monday to Friday.

You will be expected to work varying hours immediately after A Level results are published on 14 August as the phone lines will be open until 7pm.

On Saturday 16 August you may be asked to cover the phone lines and the University Open Day.

How much will I be paid?

£9 per hour

Try emailing your uni careers service and ask if there are jobs available.
^^Flippin 'eck, that sounds quite good actually and the money is good too.

Ye I think I will nag careers and see wha reply I get.

Thanks for posting that :smile:
Reply 5
np

Toffee - how long did you work for and how many hours per day? The email sent out to us suggests that the job lasts for a month and is pretty much 9-5, was that the case for you?

Latest

Trending

Trending