The Student Room Group

Getting involved in Audits as a medical student?

I'm looking to get involved in an Audits to help build my CV a little. I am particularly interested in paeds so would love to do one in this speciality but don't know much about how easy this would be. How can I get involved in a way that isn't doing the entire audit process myself? Who do I contact? I have never done one before so don't think doing one to completion is such a good idea, and I'd love to have some experience before it is mandatory in FYs. Is it inadvisable to do an audit based at a hospital far away from where I live? Thanks
Thanks a lot! I will start by getting in contact with my medical school and some consultants. I have a pretty large base hospital so should be able to find something, even if it's not paeds related - although in terms of CV building, would you say that an irrelevant audit is better than none at all?

Thanks a bunch!:h:
Awesome, thanks a lot! And yeah that makes sense :biggrin:
There is the STARSurg audit program which has audit hubs involving students all over Uk and Ireland. It is for surgical audit, which I’m not sure is something you’re interested in, but maybe they have paeds somewhere? Look at their website or contact them I’d say.
So, my department has 38 consultants and I promise you that each if them has at least 2 audit ideas or research ideas they want to do and have everything they need but don't have the manpower for. Plenty of the SpRs will too.

If you contact people, you will lose nothing but potentially gain a lot. The main problem is often not taking on too much.
Reply 5
for the purpose of training applications, be it AFP, ACF, ST are closed loop audits the same as a quality improvement project? Currently finished my first closed loop audit and the paper it currently being reviewed in a pubmed indexed journal, feel free to mail me to discuss ideas, how to get involved and pitfalls to avoid.
Reply 6
Original post by Momo2810
for the purpose of training applications, be it AFP, ACF, ST are closed loop audits the same as a quality improvement project? Currently finished my first closed loop audit and the paper it currently being reviewed in a pubmed indexed journal, feel free to mail me to discuss ideas, how to get involved and pitfalls to avoid.

Hiya, I know this message is from 3y ago but I thought I’d try my luck. Could you give some advice on how to get involved in audits, research etc. And how to go about it please? I would be interested in applying for an SFP so any advice would be welcome!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending