The Student Room Group

Disappointed.

Got my grades today- already knew via track that I'd got into my firm, so that was all good. Until I looked at my actual grades.

I am only 3 UMS marks away from an A in sociology. My teacher, who is lovely and has supported me throughout my...troublesome sixth form time, said I'd get an A. And here I am, only 3 marks away :frown:

It is upsetting, especially since I am going to study this at university. Plus, my other two grades weren't A's, and I just so badly wanted an A in sociology.
I also got mostly A's in my modules so to come out with an overall B is upsetting...I just want that special A grade :no:

I'm so annoyed that I couldn't gain those 3 marks, and that the examiner did not give me them. Obviously, I know they cannot magic marks out of thin air, but to be so close is incredibly frustrating.

I guess I am just upset with myself for not getting better A levels. When I read about others achieveing 3 or even 4 A's, it is hurtful. Coupled with the fact that my older brother got much higher than I....its just, ugh.

Anyone else experiencing this? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got a 239 in my History AS. So annoyed. I dropped it after that.
Reply 2
I wouldn't feel to bad about that, you got some damn good grades there. You should be really happy, and to get into your firm choice, thats another positive to take out of it.

Theres been alot of upsets with grades, with people getting well under what they thought they would so to miss out by a few marks is unlucky, but well done :biggrin:
Reply 3
I got 356/600 for GS, 4 marks off a C lol.
Reply 4
I got a B in Sociology but was only few marks off an A. I was happy with a B but if it is bothering you. You could always get it re-marked but remember getting a paper re-marked could result in your marks going up or even down. :biggrin:
I'm disappointed with my results too, so don't worry you're not alone!
i got BBC, i truly wanted ABC though and wasn't far from it, oh well life goes on though and getting into firm was the main thing :smile:
Reply 7
I just think it's ridiculous to feel like that. Why does it bother you so much? You've got into Uni and are obviously good enough to do the course so I wouldn't worry about it.
It was annoying me today when people were all "ahhh I really wanted an A, like omg I can't believe I got a B!!" As if a B grade is awful.
Vraicanon
I just think it's ridiculous to feel like that. Why does it bother you so much? You've got into Uni and are obviously good enough to do the course so I wouldn't worry about it.
It was annoying me today when people were all "ahhh I really wanted an A, like omg I can't believe I got a B!!" As if a B grade is awful.

thanks for that! (not being sarcastic) :smile:
I wouldn't feel that bad about it you still got some really good grades. You say you were 3 mark of an A, for my history AS paper I was 1 of an A lol oh well can't do anything about it now =]
Reply 10
but if you know you're capable of getting an A it's so frustrating to get a B, or in my case C! arrrghhhhhhhh
Reply 11
And only 3 marks away is like a smack round the head.
Reply 12
i got BBC, one of my bs was 478/600, two off the A i needed. the other was 319/320, one off the A i needed. Overall, 3 marks have cost me both my frm and insurance and now i'm stuffed!
Reply 13
it is if you're choice do not consider 'oh well they were only 3 marks off so we'll let them in anyway' which of course they don't. whether you're 3 marks off or 30 marks off a grade is a grade and makes all the difference. if a uni wants AAA and you get AAB but only 3 marks off an A it means nothing on popular courses
Reply 14
Louisdf
I got 356/600 for GS, 4 marks off a C lol.

Who cares about general studies
Reply 15
I know what you're going through - I received my results last year and was 1 mark away from 3As. What's more, it was less than 1 raw mark.

Don't worry though. You've got in and and you got great grades too. :biggrin:

Things could be worse!
Em_maK
Got my grades today- already knew via track that I'd got into my firm, so that was all good. Until I looked at my actual grades.

I am only 3 UMS marks away from an A in sociology. My teacher, who is lovely and has supported me throughout my...troublesome sixth form time, said I'd get an A. And here I am, only 3 marks away :frown:

It is upsetting, especially since I am going to study this at university. Plus, my other two grades weren't A's, and I just so badly wanted an A in sociology.
I also got mostly A's in my modules so to come out with an overall B is upsetting...I just want that special A grade :no:

I'm so annoyed that I couldn't gain those 3 marks, and that the examiner did not give me them. Obviously, I know they cannot magic marks out of thin air, but to be so close is incredibly frustrating.

I guess I am just upset with myself for not getting better A levels. When I read about others achieveing 3 or even 4 A's, it is hurtful. Coupled with the fact that my older brother got much higher than I....its just, ugh.

Anyone else experiencing this? :frown:

It would have made no difference if you had got AAAA, you still would have got in - once you get to uni a-levels mean nothing!
I feel disappointed too. One subject 3 marks from an A, and another 4 marks. I feel cheated for some reason, even though I should be really happy with my grades... I'm not. Stupid personal expectations. :frown: Luckily I'm AS so it's not too bad, no uni offers relying on it or anything.
Got 243 in economics AS. really destroyed my mood, at least i can retake
Reply 19
I must be the most annoyed person.

Phys: 239!!!
Bio: 235!!
Chem: 230!

Yeah...

Latest