The Student Room Group

I've never heard of this happening before ...

Basically, my 6th Chemistry module (CH6) is made up of coursework and a synoptic exam.

I didn't try my hardest on the coursework and I did no preparation for the synoptic as I was resitting so many Chemistry modules that I thought I would have already revised enough. Long story short, the exam was horrible and I was expecting a D or a C in the unit.

So I go into school and I get my results, and find out I've got an A for Chemistry overall. I look at the breakdown and the letters AEG are next to my result for CH6 which my exam officer explains is because they cannot find the coursework for anyone in the class and therefore have given us marks based on predicted grades and marks from the exam. There is a letter sent to the school saying that if they find the papers and the mark is higher, then we will be credited, but the mark will not go down.

They gave me 96/120 and I feel this is the reason I got an A overall, but I just don't feel like I deserve it. If my coursework had been marked I would have got a B overall, I'm sure of it. It just seems incredibly odd that this mark cannot go down even if they find my coursework and discover that it's awful lol. It seems a little unfair on everyone else, and maybe a little too good to be true lol. :p:

I don't know what I'm asking really, I've just never heard of this happening before and I have no real experience of it so I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if their paper was found eventually or not?
Reply 1
You got an A celebrate!
Reply 2

Happened to our eng lang exam... an entire class got an A because the teacher got lazy and just made that the class's predicted. Needless to say for many it was the highest grade by a long shot.
If this is the most you've got to worry about then I'm not sure what to say :s-smilie:
Reply 4
At GCSE my English coursework got 'lost', our English teacher put all our coursework into a briefcase to be sent home, he was on his way home, and he pulled into a petrol station, filled up and went and paid, as he was paying, a guy ran to his car, picked the briefcase up, and ran off (thinking it was a laptop), the police later got held of him, but found papers to have been destroyed, along with the briefcase.

All in all, we got given our predicted grades which was an A*, :biggrin:
Reply 5
TMDaines
If this is the most you've got to worry about then I'm not sure what to say :s-smilie:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining or anything. I just find it a little strange. :p:
Don't worry; be happy. :smile:
Reply 7
Yeah this happened at my school. Don't complain :p:
Reply 8
Don't stress!
You got an A!
No one will ever find out how you got it unless you tell!
Reply 9
Yeah I suppose I should just accept it and be happy.

It's that I know that I didn't do enough work to deserve an A in that module and I feel a little guilty about it. Stupid I know.
Reply 10
mbristow
At GCSE my English coursework got 'lost', our English teacher put all our coursework into a briefcase to be sent home, he was on his way home, and he pulled into a petrol station, filled up and went and paid, as he was paying, a guy ran to his car, picked the briefcase up, and ran off (thinking it was a laptop), the police later got held of him, but found papers to have been destroyed, along with the briefcase.

All in all, we got given our predicted grades which was an A*, :biggrin:

That's the funniest true story I've heard today! LOL :biggrin:

Latest