The Student Room Group

Cardiff Sixth Form College

Anyone also going to Cardiff sixth form college in September?:smile:How have y'all been and hope y'all well.
Reply 1
Hello, I am applying to Cardiff Sixth Form College this year and hope to get in next year. I wanna ask is the entry test hard and how can i prepare? Tks ^^
Original post by ryanfok8
Hello, I am applying to Cardiff Sixth Form College this year and hope to get in next year. I wanna ask is the entry test hard and how can i prepare? Tks ^^

Yayyyyyyy! *virtual high five*

I chose to do biology, chemistry, physics and maths so I did the entry test for those subjects. I applied in December and took the entry test in January. The topics are basically all GCSE contents, therefore to prepare for it I self-taught myself all the contents during Christmas lol. The scholarship paper can be quite hard, while the normal entry tests are really really easy. Trust me they are so easy that I even feel unworthy to work my butts off for it lol! I am not sure how difficult they are for other subjects, but one of my friends said he did the business and economics entry test and it is also quite easy.

Also, you may be asked to sit an extra aptitude test. I guess it depends on the course you wanna do in unis. I wanna do medicine so they asked me to do the aptitude test, but my friend who wanna do economics wasn't asked to do this test. It's a bit hard for me, awful time management. Because I only practice for 1 week before I took the test. If you are required to do this test, I would recommend starting practicing a lot earlier than me!!:cute:

Finally the interview. It's also easy. Just some very basic questions like 'why do you choose CSFC?' 'what's your hobby?' 'where do you see yourself in 10 years time?' 'There can be lots of pressure in CSFC, how are you going to deal with it?' Nice and short!

In short, I would say the whole admission process into CSFC is mostly easy. I applied only after our school finished y11 mock as I got Grade 9s in all subjects, along with all grade 9s in y10 summer exams, I think this previous academic performance is the strongest part of my application. CSFC is an academically amazing school but the entry test is not as hard as you would think! Best luck to you and hopefully I can see you there next year!:hugs: Any questions I am here to help.
Reply 3
Original post by Morgania

I chose to do biology, chemistry, physics and maths so I did the entry test for those subjects. I applied in December and took the entry test in January. The topics are basically all GCSE contents, therefore to prepare for it I self-taught myself all the contents during Christmas lol. The scholarship paper can be quite hard, while the normal entry tests are really really easy. Trust me they are so easy that I even feel unworthy to work my butts off for it lol! I am not sure how difficult they are for other subjects, but one of my friends said he did the business and economics entry test and it is also quite easy.

Also, you may be asked to sit an extra aptitude test. I guess it depends on the course you wanna do in unis. I wanna do medicine so they asked me to do the aptitude test, but my friend who wanna do economics wasn't asked to do this test. It's a bit hard for me, awful time management. Because I only practice for 1 week before I took the test. If you are required to do this test, I would recommend starting practicing a lot earlier than me!!:cute:

Finally the interview. It's also easy. Just some very basic questions like 'why do you choose CSFC?' 'what's your hobby?' 'where do you see yourself in 10 years time?' 'There can be lots of pressure in CSFC, how are you going to deal with it?' Nice and short!

In short, I would say the whole admission process into CSFC is mostly easy. I applied only after our school finished y11 mock as I got Grade 9s in all subjects, along with all grade 9s in y10 summer exams, I think this previous academic performance is the strongest part of my application. CSFC is an academically amazing school but the entry test is not as hard as you would think! Best luck to you and hopefully I can see you there next year!:hugs: Any questions I am here to help.

Thanks for you reply! :-) (high five back)
I will also choose biology chemistry physics and math as my a level subjects :smile: and I also want to study medicine in uni. :cute::cute::cute:
Btw, are you uk student? I dont know whether there is any difference between local and international student. Cuz I am an international student. :0
Thanks for you reply! :-) (high five back)
I will also choose biology chemistry physics and math as my a level subjects :smile: and I also want to study medicine in uni. :cute::cute::cute:
Btw, are you uk student? I dont know whether there is any difference between local and international student. Cuz I am an international student. :0

I am also an international student!!:smile: Are you currently studying in a UK school or still at home? The difference in the admission is that you need to have an IELTS score of at least 6.5. Or other equivalent language proficiency proof. However, if you don't have yet at the time of application you can still get a conditional offer. Once you got the required score it turns to unconditional.
Reply 5
I am also an international student!!:smile: Are you currently studying in a UK school or still at home? The difference in the admission is that you need to have an IELTS score of at least 6.5. Or other equivalent language proficiency proof. However, if you don't have yet at the time of application you can still get a conditional offer. Once you got the required score it turns to unconditional.

I am from Hong Kong and at home now. Which country are you from?
I am from Hong Kong and at home now. Which country are you from?

Ahh good afternoon I am from Shenzhen:smile:
Reply 7
Ahh good afternoon I am from Shenzhen:smile:

Cool, hope I can get in next year ^^
Original post by Yac542
@Morgania heyyyy! I have applied for entry this year and just got offered a 100% scholarship! ahhhh!
Did you find anything out yet??

Hellooo! how are uuuu! Wow big congrats for the scholarship that's AMAZING!! I just saw your pm and thanks for inviting me in, hope to see you in sep:h:
Original post by Yac542
@Morgania heyyyy! I have applied for entry this year and just got offered a 100% scholarship! ahhhh!
Did you find anything out yet??

@Yac542 Congratulations!! I'm hoping to apply for a full scholarship for the year 2021/2022. Would you mind giving me some advice please as I can't find much information about the application process ? :cry2: I'd really really appreciate it:h:
Original post by username5360040

I'm going to take the admissions test soon. I'm taking maths, further maths, physics and economics. Do I need to take a test for further maths and economics?
Original post by username5360040

hello, i was wondering how you studied by yourself? like what type of resources or websites do you recommend? thank youu! also do you have any tips for the maths entrance exam as my maths isn't good
Reply 12
Original post by username5485696
I'm going to take the admissions test soon. I'm taking maths, further maths, physics and economics. Do I need to take a test for further maths and economics?

Hi! Its Jack, you PM’d me but I can’t send you a reply. Would you want to talk over insta/snapchat? My instagram is @j4ckpowell and my snapchat is @j4ck-79
:smile:
Hello, I’m going to apply for Cardiff sixth form college and I have chosen to do maths,history,economics and further maths.
I haven’t done economics or further maths in gcse and since I’m applying for full scholarship and I would be examined on each of my alevel choices what would happen?
Original post by I_stress_a_lot
Hello, I’m going to apply for Cardiff sixth form college and I have chosen to do maths,history,economics and further maths.
I haven’t done economics or further maths in gcse and since I’m applying for full scholarship and I would be examined on each of my alevel choices what would happen?

Hello I applied to CSFC this year and since I am an international student I have to sit papers for all the subjects I wish to take for A level thus a non verbal test. I have no idea how the scholarship exams looks like but the general entrance papers weren’t challenging! For my case I applied through an education agent and I did the test for more than 5 hours straight without toilet breaks and I was starving when I did the test cuz I only ate one kinder chocolate bar for breakfast . So make sure you go to the toilet and eat sth before the test!
Thank you for the tip! What alevels did you choose?
Original post by I_stress_a_lot
Thank you for the tip! What alevels did you choose?

Hello friend sorry for late reply 😭😭 I choose triple science and Maths ~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending