The Student Room Group

Hmm, advice please

Scroll to see replies

And also those are amazing results, so you have every right to be proud for them because you deserve them. If anyone says you're bragging then it's their problem, so don't worry about it too much.:smile:
Original post by Anonymous
i got 10 9s and 1 8 however i don't like telling people about my grades becos people get malicious and say, oh your bragging. Those were the grades i got in my mocks and those were the grades my teachers submitted

You worried about the evil eye? I feel you.

Tell them 'A few 8's & 9's, can't remember exactly'
How should i respond when people ask me what G C S E grades i got.

People always ask however i don't want to tell them. What shall i say without being rude (any responses other than saying, "no, i don't want to tell you?"

Just say I got the grades I wanted. (Don’t try to sound rude since they might just be curious-not necessarily malicious)
You worried about the evil eye? I feel you.

Tell them 'A few 8's & 9's, can't remember exactly'

yeah, incredibly worried about the evil eye. i got the evil eye from the majority of my year group in the mock exams, and it doesn't help that my school put everyone's mock results in order from best to worst so i was at the top and i got a lot of stick for it :frown: (especially from my so called friends)
yeah, incredibly worried about the evil eye. i got the evil eye from the majority of my year group in the mock exams, and it doesn't help that my school put everyone's mock results in order from best to worst so i was at the top and i got a lot of stick for it :frown: (especially from my so called friends)

It's okay, GCSE's are over now, people won't be asking about your grades for too long.

That was wrong of your school, advise them not to do the same for A-Level.
It's okay, GCSE's are over now, people won't be asking about your grades for too long.

That was wrong of your school, advise them not to do the same for A-Level.

they don't listen, might as well be talking to a brick wall. They havent even adherred to any of the covid guidelines, no social distancing, no hand soap in the toilets, no hand sanitiser and to top it all off no toilet paper, you have to bring ur own
repeat the question back and say nothing

People always ask however i don't want to tell them. What shall i say without being rude (any responses other than saying, "no, i don't want to tell you?"

Hi!

I hate replying to this question too, so I understand.
I always just say i did okay/well/good. And most of the time people just respond okay and leave it at that. If they continue to ask i reply with "I don't thinks it's necessary for people to compare with each other as were all different", something along those lines.

I hope this helps and don't worry!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
i got 10 9s and 1 8 however i don't like telling people about my grades becos people get malicious and say, oh your bragging. Those were the grades i got in my mocks and those were the grades my teachers submitted

Laugh it off saying you don't want them to feel inadequate because of how well you did (in a jokey way, obviously). Or try to change the subject.

just be honest and tell them you did ****. if you got nothing then you got nothing to lose
Just say Dont Worry

Yup, I know that especially in maths tests people would use me as a benchmark and it would get really annoying.

I recommend vague mumbling while waving your arms in a mild gesticulative manner and leaning over to do something else.
Reply 32

That's really good, well done.

I would just say, in a matter of fact way, "I got 9s and an 8, I was pleased, actually". If it's appropriate, you could say "what did you get?" back to the person and then say something positive about their results. In a couple of weeks' time, the person who asked you will have forgotten what your results actually were, but they will remember that you were friendly and asked them how they did and said something nice.
thx everyone for all ur help xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending