The Student Room Group

Sciences Po | Admissions 2021

hey everyone, i’m applying for the International Security Msc at PSIA. would greatly appreciate any help regarding the admission process, how difficult is to get in, any advice for the optional documents such as professional LOR, etc.

Cheers everyone ✌️

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys. I am also re-applying for an MA in Human Rights and Humanitarian Action. I got admitted in 2018 but unfortunately could not push through even in 2019 due to financial constraints. I am hoping for a scholarship this time. Goodluck to all of us!
Reply 2
@snicoleb1997 that’s awesome, yeah i got into University of Groningen for the 2020 fall intake but due to problems with scholarships and corona, i had to refer. now i’m looking for sobre other options.
@snicoleb1997

Hi, if you don’t mind me asking what kind of things did you include in your personal statement. And how did you find the application process?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by JusticeInk
@snicoleb1997

Hi, if you don’t mind me asking what kind of things did you include in your personal statement. And how did you find the application process?

Hi! My personal statement was essentially divided into why I chose Sciences Po PSIA and why I chose the program, and from there I aligned it with what I can contribute to the school (experiences, skills) and what I can gain from it (how it would help me in the career path I want). :smile: The application itself is a bit nerve-wracking especially when it comes to waiting for your references and waiting for the admission results hahaha. Goodluck to all of us!
Original post by snicoleb1997
Hi! My personal statement was essentially divided into why I chose Sciences Po PSIA and why I chose the program, and from there I aligned it with what I can contribute to the school (experiences, skills) and what I can gain from it (how it would help me in the career path I want). :smile: The application itself is a bit nerve-wracking especially when it comes to waiting for your references and waiting for the admission results hahaha. Goodluck to all of us!

Fingers crossed all goes well! :smile:
Reply 6
Hello!

I’m applying again after failing to get into the masters I wanted for 2020/2021 (almost a bit thankful considering students are barely being able to attend classes at all, but oh well).
I am not exactly sure why I didn’t get in last year; my results are well within the required marks, I have the international profile they usually seek, and I have a pretty defined career plan. I guess it is also down to luck, case by case, and the personal statement etc, but could anyone give me any advice? What do you think went wrong and what could I do differently this year?

Also when will you all be applying?

Would love it if this becomes a place of communal help through the process of applying! Thanks and good luck to us all 🤞
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mediacj
Hello!

I’m applying again after failing to get into the masters I wanted for 2020/2021 (almost a bit thankful considering students are barely being able to attend classes at all, but oh well).
I am not exactly sure why I didn’t get in last year; my results are well within the required marks, I have the international profile they usually seek, and I have a pretty defined career plan. I guess it is also down to luck, case by case, and the personal statement etc, but could anyone give me any advice? What do you think went wrong and what could I do differently this year?

Also when will you all be applying?

Would love it if this becomes a place of communal help through the process of applying! Thanks and good luck to us all 🤞

Hey! I can't be sure what went wrong with your application, but tell us about your profile, your experiences, your references and maybe we can give you some advice on what to do differently. I wish you good luck!

I'm trying to send my application before the end of October. I just have one referee left to send their recommendation and I'm also having some issues uploading my English test on the admissions portal. This past wednesday they've updated the Language requirements page to say "For Linguaskill and Duolingo tests, please select 'two years of study in the language' instead of 'test' and upload your score sheet". But when I select the "2 years of study", there isn't an option to upload the certificate :/ is anyone else having the same issue? Maybe it's just a bug on my account.
Reply 8
Original post by lilacandberries
Hey! I can't be sure what went wrong with your application, but tell us about your profile, your experiences, your references and maybe we can give you some advice on what to do differently. I wish you good luck!

I'm trying to send my application before the end of October. I just have one referee left to send their recommendation and I'm also having some issues uploading my English test on the admissions portal. This past wednesday they've updated the Language requirements page to say "For Linguaskill and Duolingo tests, please select 'two years of study in the language' instead of 'test' and upload your score sheet". But when I select the "2 years of study", there isn't an option to upload the certificate :/ is anyone else having the same issue? Maybe it's just a bug on my account.

i think it’s the same for everyone, i haven’t had the chance to do toefl or ielts bcuz of coronavirus, was thinking doing duolingo but i’m not too sure. any advice?
Original post by chevyyy195
i think it’s the same for everyone, i haven’t had the chance to do toefl or ielts bcuz of coronavirus, was thinking doing duolingo but i’m not too sure. any advice?

Damn :/ did you check your application to see if the same thing happens when you select "2 years of study"? I hope they fix it this coming week, I'm almost done with everything else...

Regarding Duolingo, I would definitely recommend it! I received the results the very next day and it was a much better experience than the TOEFL Special Home Edition. I had my IELTS exam cancelled too and those were my only options. Don't waste time with TOEFL, seriously. About the Duolingo test itself, you can try it out first if you're not too sure! There's a 15min practice session on their website and it was really helpful.
Reply 10
Damn :/ did you check your application to see if the same thing happens when you select "2 years of study"? I hope they fix it this coming week, I'm almost done with everything else...

Regarding Duolingo, I would definitely recommend it! I received the results the very next day and it was a much better experience than the TOEFL Special Home Edition. I had my IELTS exam cancelled too and those were my only options. Don't waste time with TOEFL, seriously. About the Duolingo test itself, you can try it out first if you're not too sure! There's a 15min practice session on their website and it was really helpful.

i have the same option as you on the admission’s section, i suppose that’s how it works. maybe write an email to confirm? i’ll send one and let you know.

yeah, i was considering the TOEFL home edition, but i’ve read a lot of bad experiences with it, from delaying scores 2-3 weeks to taking up to 7h too do it.

i’ll give duolingo a try, i’ve just watched a couple videos of how the structure is and whatnot, however, i saw there’s a type of interview at the end that is sent to the institution, but if Sciences Po is not on the list, what’s the option?
i have the same option as you on the admission’s section, i suppose that’s how it works. maybe write an email to confirm? i’ll send one and let you know.

yeah, i was considering the TOEFL home edition, but i’ve read a lot of bad experiences with it, from delaying scores 2-3 weeks to taking up to 7h too do it.

i’ll give duolingo a try, i’ve just watched a couple videos of how the structure is and whatnot, however, i saw there’s a type of interview at the end that is sent to the institution, but if Sciences Po is not on the list, what’s the option?

Hey, thanks! I was thinking about sending an email, but my deadline is almost up and I wasn't sure they would answer me in time... Do let me know what they tell you, though! Thanks again!

I think I got my TOEFL Special Home Edition scores in about a week or so, but it definitely wasn't worth the hassle. It was exhausting and stress-inducing and ETS client support basically ignored my issues afterwards. Just a bad experience all around.

So, I just checked and Sciences Po is in Duolingo's list for me! I don't think you need to send them the interview video, though. According to the Language requirements page, Sciences Po just asks for the score sheet. Duolingo sends you a shareable link to the certificate with the scores on it and you can turn it into a pdf to upload on the admissions portal.
Reply 12
Hey, thanks! I was thinking about sending an email, but my deadline is almost up and I wasn't sure they would answer me in time... Do let me know what they tell you, though! Thanks again!

I think I got my TOEFL Special Home Edition scores in about a week or so, but it definitely wasn't worth the hassle. It was exhausting and stress-inducing and ETS client support basically ignored my issues afterwards. Just a bad experience all around.

So, I just checked and Sciences Po is in Duolingo's list for me! I don't think you need to send them the interview video, though. According to the Language requirements page, Sciences Po just asks for the score sheet. Duolingo sends you a shareable link to the certificate with the scores on it and you can turn it into a pdf to upload on the admissions portal.

gotcha!! thank you very much. will try to study for a couple days for the duolingo test then :smile:

i’ll let you know any news with the admissions. Good luck!!
Hi everyone!

I've submitted my application and realised that in my personal statement I have spelled Sciences Po wrong. Instead of adding the s at the end I wrote Science Po. I have literally spent the morning crying over this.

Do you think that it will affect my chances of getting in? Or that they'd think I'm stupid for making such a mistake? :frown::confused:
Original post by username2060445
Hi everyone!

I've submitted my application and realised that in my personal statement I have spelled Sciences Po wrong. Instead of adding the s at the end I wrote Science Po. I have literally spent the morning crying over this.

Do you think that it will affect my chances of getting in? Or that they'd think I'm stupid for making such a mistake? :frown::confused:

No don't worry about it, they wouldn't reject you over such a tiny mistake! Which program did you apply to?
Reply 15

**for the Linguaskill and Duolingo tests, please select ‘two years of study in the language’ instead of ‘test’ and upload your score sheet in the ACADEMIC BACKGROUND SECTION (other documents-Supporting document: academic background)

hope it helps 🙏
**for the Linguaskill and Duolingo tests, please select ‘two years of study in the language’ instead of ‘test’ and upload your score sheet in the ACADEMIC BACKGROUND SECTION (other documents-Supporting document: academic background)

hope it helps 🙏

Oh hey, thank you so much! I see that they've updated the Language requirements page today.

And how's it going with the Duolingo test? Did you take it yet?
Reply 17
Oh hey, thank you so much! I see that they've updated the Language requirements page today.

And how's it going with the Duolingo test? Did you take it yet?

no problem, i didn’t notice at first it is supposed to be uploaded on the academic background section 😅

got my results today, scored 140 which i think it’s good enough. i would’ve done toefl or ielts, but i don’t have the money right now.
Hey,
Anyone who applied before 1st Nov to Sciences Po masters has received an acceptance/rejection already?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending