The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Firstly, you do not need an apostrophe in holidays :mad: :p:

Secondly, I doubt it is a legal requirement...! I won't be getting any extra pay for the bank holiday either :frown:
Reply 2
Butterfly
Firstly, you do not need an apostrophe in holidays :mad: :p:

Secondly, I doubt it is a legal requirement...! I won't be getting any extra pay for the bank holiday either :frown:

well I felt like putting one in there so ner :aetsch:
Reply 3
steerpike1985
Is it a legal requirement to get paid extra bank holidays? The place where I work refuses to pay you extra, but I thought that you have to get paid extra on bank holidays?

Anyone know who I contact to find out?

Its definately a legal requirement to get paid extra on christmas day and new years day..not sure about other bank holidays.
Reply 4
Doolally
Its definately a legal requirement to get paid extra on christmas day and new years day..not sure about other bank holidays.

Actually its not a requirement for new years day but new years eve you are required to have some sort of bonus pay. It most certainly isnt a legal requiremnet to get extra pay on bank holidays and that you will need to look at your contract to see what your entitled to.

My boyf works in a pub and gets no extra pay on bank holidays and gets an extra 25 quid for xmas and new years eve. However I get overtime.
Reply 5
i got double time on xmas eve + new years eve + new years day . . . and on bank holidays i get time + 1/2 , which isn't to bad.

Latest

Trending

Trending