The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Physiotherapy foundation year

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone!

I’m new to the Uni scene but wondered if those more experienced might be able to help?

I have received a conditional offer from Wolverhampton University for Physiotherapy with Foundation Year.

I’m 33 and served 10 years in the armed forces, 5 tours of duty in Afghanistan, physical training instructor and progressed into rehabilitation instructor working with general injuries through corrective exercise up to amputees. For the last 5 years I’ve been working as a physiotherapy assistant shadowing a consultant physiotherapist.

I have my interview in just over a week and wondered if anyone has been through the physio interview that could give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance.
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Read the 'NHS Long Term Article' they send to you in your email and make sure you understand it and are able to answer any questions based on it. Also, be able to say why you want to study physiotherapy, why you chose Wolverhampton and what qualities makes a good physiotherapist. Be able to state why you would personally make a good physiotherapist too. Hopefully some of that helps! My interview was at the beginning of February, so I am trying to remember what things mainly stood out. The interviewer was really nice and they seem lovely at Wolverhampton. Good luck :smile:

Original post by JKM3995
Hi everyone!

I’m new to the Uni scene but wondered if those more experienced might be able to help?

I have received a conditional offer from Wolverhampton University for Physiotherapy with Foundation Year.

I’m 33 and served 10 years in the armed forces, 5 tours of duty in Afghanistan, physical training instructor and progressed into rehabilitation instructor working with general injuries through corrective exercise up to amputees. For the last 5 years I’ve been working as a physiotherapy assistant shadowing a consultant physiotherapist.

I have my interview in just over a week and wondered if anyone has been through the physio interview that could give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance.
Received an offer last week for Keele foundation physio! So excited! Are there any other keele offer holders for physio?
Original post by Anonymous
Read the 'NHS Long Term Article' they send to you in your email and make sure you understand it and are able to answer any questions based on it. Also, be able to say why you want to study physiotherapy, why you chose Wolverhampton and what qualities makes a good physiotherapist. Be able to state why you would personally make a good physiotherapist too. Hopefully some of that helps! My interview was at the beginning of February, so I am trying to remember what things mainly stood out. The interviewer was really nice and they seem lovely at Wolverhampton. Good luck :smile:

Hi have you had a reply yet after your interview? I had mine in February and still not heard back
Original post by lostgirl1610
Received an offer last week for Keele foundation physio! So excited! Are there any other keele offer holders for physio?

Hi! I've received an offer for physio at Keele too :wink:
Original post by Povanelli
Hi have you had a reply yet after your interview? I had mine in February and still not heard back

Hi, no I haven’t heard back yet too! My interview was the 1st of March. It’s been quite a while, but no rejection and hearing nothing is a good sign. Just wished we heard sooner lol.
Original post by emeraldddd
Hi! I've received an offer for physio at Keele too :wink:

Aww yay.,Will have to message

Hi!
I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of questions they asked regarding the ‘NHS Long Term Article’. This would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Any updates from Leicester about sending out offers / rejections for BSc foundation physiotherapy?
Any updates from Leicester about sending out offers / rejections for BSc foundation physiotherapy?

Nope nada :/
Original post by amyheran1
Nope nada :/

Thank you for the reply! And that’s soo annoying :frown:! Literally I hope by the end of this month they respond, even though in my interview they were talking like it would be close to the may deadline :-(
Thank you for the reply! And that’s soo annoying :frown:! Literally I hope by the end of this month they respond, even though in my interview they were talking like it would be close to the may deadline :-(

You haven’t even been able to do your interview yet?? I seriously don’t understand why they hadn’t finished those ages ago, it’s so disheartening seeing all my friends start making plans when I can’t get :frown:
You haven’t even been able to do your interview yet?? I seriously don’t understand why they hadn’t finished those ages ago, it’s so disheartening seeing all my friends start making plans when I can’t get :frown:

I have done my interview a couple of weeks ago. Which was still surprisingly late compared to other Universities and also it's for the foundation year course, I wouldn't of thought it would be this long. I totally agree with you, literally likewise my friends have basically completed most of the after steps such as their accommodation etc. And all we want to know is if we have an offer or not! :frown:
I have done my interview a couple of weeks ago. Which was still surprisingly late compared to other Universities and also it's for the foundation year course, I wouldn't of thought it would be this long. I totally agree with you, literally likewise my friends have basically completed most of the after steps such as their accommodation etc. And all we want to know is if we have an offer or not! :frown:

I really think the universities need to treat Physiotherapy degrees through UCAS in the same way as veterinary and medical UCAS applications are dealt with by having an earlier deadline of mid-October, this would allow more time for them to process all the applications as the courses are so oversubscribed and interviews are required for every place. Then the Physiotherapy students won’t miss out on all the best accommodation and be left with whatever is left .
Original post by 12603Toy
I really think the universities need to treat Physiotherapy degrees through UCAS in the same way as veterinary and medical UCAS applications are dealt with by having an earlier deadline of mid-October, this would allow more time for them to process all the applications as the courses are so oversubscribed and interviews are required for every place. Then the Physiotherapy students won’t miss out on all the best accommodation and be left with whatever is left .

Yes I totally agree with you. Because physiotherapy as we all know is now being eventually recognised as a highly reputable and important health profession. And close to the likes of medicine uni courses. So I don’t understand how a lot of applicants like us are being treated as not important and receiving our offers a lot later compared to other courses that don’t even require A level grades :confused:! Hopefully things will get better for future applicants for physiotherapy!
Yes I totally agree with you. Because physiotherapy as we all know is now being eventually recognised as a highly reputable and important health profession. And close to the likes of medicine uni courses. So I don’t understand how a lot of applicants like us are being treated as not important and receiving our offers a lot later compared to other courses that don’t even require A level grades :confused:! Hopefully things will get better for future applicants for physiotherapy!

!!!

Physio is one of the more likely healthcare professions to never end up in the hands of AI and the world is starting to realise that, let’s hope the future applicants don’t have to deal with this delay, hopefully they won’t have covid breathing down their necks too!!
!!!

Physio is one of the more likely healthcare professions to never end up in the hands of AI and the world is starting to realise that, let’s hope the future applicants don’t have to deal with this delay, hopefully they won’t have covid breathing down their necks too!!

Yes absolutely! And yeah you're right the world is appreciating physiotherapy and understanding the significance of it more now! It's going to get even more competitive compared to our application year in the commencing years for physio. But hopefully the Unis that need improvement on their application system do improve it for the future. And hopefully Covid does die down and things get better for Uni applications and also for us when we start our new courses in Physiotherapy!
Hi!
I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of questions they asked regarding the ‘NHS Long Term Article’. This would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

I was asked how physiotherapy relates to the Nhs long term plan, like where in the plan is physiotherapy relevant.
I just got an interview offer a few days ago - absolutely terrified it’s my second choice over notts 🤞🏼

Any advice/help with interview, have one coming soon and anxious about it, any help would be appreciated :smile:
did anyone else get automatically declined by ucas cuz leic didnt reach the deadline? acc f the niceties i waited 3 months for LITERALLY NOTHING now im gonna get crap accom at my first choice all because i held out, im seething

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending