The Student Room Group

Mphil Sociology Applicants:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mphilsoc
Hi guys! My application went to degree committee yesterday and then GAO today! Also I applied at the end of November if that helps anyone!

Congrats!!! Might see you there :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mphilsoc
Hi guys! My application went to degree committee yesterday and then GAO today! Also I applied at the end of November if that helps anyone!

Congratulations!!
Reply 82
I got my conditional offer for the MPhil sociology (political and economic) today! Good luck to anyone who is waiting and congrats to those who have already received offers!
Reply 83
Original post by MS6798
I got my conditional offer for the MPhil sociology (political and economic) today! Good luck to anyone who is waiting and congrats to those who have already received offers!

Congratulations! That is a major achievement. I hope you end up going! I did an MPhil in Cam af few years back and it was one of the best years in my life!

It seems random, however, how the GAO approves offers since you reached GAO level later than many of the others in this thread (including me). Well, the many mysteries of the Cam admissions proces remain.
Original post by MS6798

Congrats!!!
Reply 85
thank you!
Original post by MS6798

Ah! Congrats 🎉🎉🎉
Are there any international applicant in Marginality and Exclusion pathway whose status has changed? My application is still on submitted and I’m thinking of sending an email to the department. What would y’all advice?
Reply 88
Original post by MS6798

Hello,

Congratulations on your offer.

I am applicant on the same program.

My application status says "Awaiting approval by GAO - Awaiting approval by the Central Graduate Admissions Office".

How long did it take for you to switch from GAO to conditional offer?

Thank you very much!
Original post by Bobbybrays00
Are there any international applicant in Marginality and Exclusion pathway whose status has changed? My application is still on submitted and I’m thinking of sending an email to the department. What would y’all advice?

Same here! Mine is also still "submitted".
Reply 90
Original post by adssdf
Hello,

Congratulations on your offer.

I am applicant on the same program.

My application status says "Awaiting approval by GAO - Awaiting approval by the Central Graduate Admissions Office".

How long did it take for you to switch from GAO to conditional offer?

Thank you very much!

Thank you!

I got GAO on 05/02 and conditional offer on 09/02

ordinarily i would say wait it out, but as we were told applicants would find out whether they were successful or not in late jan/early feb, it might be worth chasing up.

i imagine they are holding back some decisions until they get confirmation of supervisors.
Original post by getminegetyours
ordinarily i would say wait it out, but as we were told applicants would find out whether they were successful or not in late jan/early feb, it might be worth chasing up.

i imagine they are holding back some decisions until they get confirmation of supervisors.

This was helpful! Thank you. I think I’ll wait it out until the end of this month.
Application status changed to "Unsuccessful - Your application has been unsuccessful" today. Good luck to everyone else!
Original post by goldhazel
Application status changed to "Unsuccessful - Your application has been unsuccessful" today. Good luck to everyone else!

I’m sorry about that. The admission process has been very unpredictable so far. However, you should be proud and keep your head up. This isn’t a denigration of your hard-work and intellect. I wish you the very best for the future.
Original post by goldhazel

Sorry to hear that, good luck in the future! :smile:
Just received my rejection letter. It stings but I’m grateful for this experience. Goodluck to you all! I got an offer from Social-Anthropology, so I’ll focus on that. Take care guys!
Just received my rejection letter. It stings but I’m grateful for this experience. Goodluck to you all! I got an offer from Social-Anthropology, so I’ll focus on that. Take care guys!

Sorry to hear about that! hey you are still in Cambridge and can always head down to the sociology dept anytime :rolleyes:. See you there !
I’m sorry about that. The admission process has been very unpredictable so far. However, you should be proud and keep your head up. This isn’t a denigration of your hard-work and intellect. I wish you the very best for the future.

Thank you, your kind words mean a lot. I do intend to take this as a wake up call and let it motivate me to work harder.
Original post by jonnyiw
Sorry to hear that, good luck in the future! :smile:

Thanks, you too!

Sorry to hear this, but glad about your place in Social Anthropology! I'm considering applying to Modern South Asian Studies as my research interests are fitting for it, one's gotta try. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending