The Student Room Group

Mphil Sociology Applicants:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vvic
I applied on 2/24 the DDL day:smile:

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 141
Has anyone on here been interviewed for funding? It says on the website that the department will usually interview 'those MPhil applicants who are considered competitive for the postgraduate funding competition', but I haven't heard anything, so I'm trying to work out if that means anything. Thanks :smile:
Reply 142
Original post by oogold
Status just updated from submitted to "under review by the department." Anyone else get any movement? Hoping this means some sort of decision soon!

Have you received any updates? I am at the "under review" status too.
Reply 143
Original post by oogold
Status just updated from submitted to "under review by the department." Anyone else get any movement? Hoping this means some sort of decision soon!

Have you receive any updates yet? Mine's status changed to "under review by the department" one month ago, which is very close to your situation. But I was stuck in there since March...never changed....
Reply 144
Anyone who received an offer (or GAO/PAO/rejection) from the Feburary deadline? Could you please share with us your timeline, application outcome, etc.?
Reply 145
Original post by syrowe
Have you receive any updates yet? Mine's status changed to "under review by the department" one month ago, which is very close to your situation. But I was stuck in there since March...never changed....

Hi! Unfortunately, I got a rejection a few days after that post - I imagine it may be because I didn't do a sociology/related undergraduate (or maybe just missed the mark altogether lol). Hope you hear something soon though!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 146
Original post by oogold
Hi! Unfortunately, I got a rejection a few days after that post - I imagine it may be because I didn't do a sociology/related undergraduate (or maybe just missed the mark altogether lol). Hope you hear something soon though!

I am very sorry to hear from your rejection, and thank you so much for sharing with me with your applicaiton outcome! Yeah I agree that the sociology background may be some sort of an important part in the admission process. Hope you find a place that is most suitable for you!
Original post by __b
Has anyone on here been interviewed for funding? It says on the website that the department will usually interview 'those MPhil applicants who are considered competitive for the postgraduate funding competition', but I haven't heard anything, so I'm trying to work out if that means anything. Thanks :smile:

I have not, but would really like to know if I have been nominated. Have you contacted the department at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending