The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Animation at University of Edinburgh

Hi, I've just received all of my offers from universities to study animation and now I've got to make some decisions. I'm really tied between the University of Edinburgh and Manchester Met as Edinburgh seems like a really competitive course, however online the university seems to have very low student satisfaction, and Manchester offers an option of a placement year, which seems like a fantastic opportunity. Can anyone give me some insight as to what it's like studying animation at Edinburgh Uni?
Thank you :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by zimz212
Hi, I've just received all of my offers from universities to study animation and now I've got to make some decisions. I'm really tied between the University of Edinburgh and Manchester Met as Edinburgh seems like a really competitive course, however online the university seems to have very low student satisfaction, and Manchester offers an option of a placement year, which seems like a fantastic opportunity. Can anyone give me some insight as to what it's like studying animation at Edinburgh Uni?
Thank you :smile:

I think Edinburgh's low student satisfaction is due to a few things. By all accounts access to mental health support is pretty shocking; long waiting lists etc. But also there's the angle of people being a bit busier than they are at, say, Edinburgh Napier or Heriot-Watt, and seeing students from those unis going out and partying more frequently than they get to.

Student satisfaction is important but it doesn't tell the whole story and there's lots of other stuff to consider. I've firmed an offer to study English Literature at Edinburgh, I'm really excited about it :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
I was torn between Falmouth uni and Edinburgh uni for animation but I’ve recently accepted my offer for Edinburgh uni as it seems to have a lot of the pros that Falmouth offers plus it’s so much closer to home for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending