The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

surfing whilst as cardiff uni

Im unsure whether to go newcastle uni or cardiff uni. A big deciding factor for me is how close the surf is.. I probably wont have a car in first year and i was wondering if you can get to a good surf in south wales by any other transportation such as biking/ walking/ bus? or is there any transportation set up by the surf society? and if so, how long will it take?
I know Newcastle uni has an excellent metro system which pretty much takes u from accommodation to the beach in 10 or so minutes- perfect for an early 6am surf! However
is the surf better in south wales then north east England? if so where are the best places near cardiff?
Hello! I'm Mollie, a recent graduate from Newcastle (last summer!), I just wanted to say that you're right about the metro taking you pretty much straight to Tynemouth. I loved it, and visited on a lot of weekends, lots of my friends surfed while they were at Newcastle, so it definitely is a great place to do it if you are interested, plus you can join the surf club too! https://www.nusu.co.uk/getinvolved/sports/club/6400/

Let me know if you have any questions at all,
Mollie
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending