The Student Room Group

Aston University or University of Greenwich? - Marketing

I'm an international student from the Netherlands and I got an offer from Greenwich and Aston (and university of west London too, but I'm not too excited about that one).

I've always wanted to study in London because I love the city (I've done my internship there as well), but I love the course content of Aston University and it's much higher ranked than Greenwich.

Anyone that has studied MSc in marketing at Aston or Greenwich?

Few important things to me:
- Diverse student environment
- Good quality education

My boyfriend lives in Birmingham so tbh I'm already leaning more to Aston Uni, but eventually, I want to pick the uni/city that's best for me.

I feel like I'm stuck between higher quality education in Birmingham, or settle for lower quality education but being able to live in London.

Any advice is much appreciated!
Reply 1
I'd go for Aston uni tbh. You can always take a train to visit London on the weekends!
Reply 2
Original post by kwame88
I'd go for Aston uni tbh. You can always take a train to visit London on the weekends!

Thanks for your advice, most people I've asked are also telling me to choose Aston. I really loved living in London even tho it was only 3 months. If anything, it's only a year so I can always move to London if I want to. Thanks again!
Reply 3
Original post by liliant
Thanks for your advice, most people I've asked are also telling me to choose Aston. I really loved living in London even tho it was only 3 months. If anything, it's only a year so I can always move to London if I want to. Thanks again!

No worries at all :smile:
I'm not sure of rankings but I think Aston is "better" than Greenwich. Also I think with ur bf being there and Birmingham being cheaper it's probably the best option. But defo visit London on weekends ur free.
Original post by liliant
I'm an international student from the Netherlands and I got an offer from Greenwich and Aston (and university of west London too, but I'm not too excited about that one).

I've always wanted to study in London because I love the city (I've done my internship there as well), but I love the course content of Aston University and it's much higher ranked than Greenwich.

Anyone that has studied MSc in marketing at Aston or Greenwich?

Few important things to me:
- Diverse student environment
- Good quality education

My boyfriend lives in Birmingham so tbh I'm already leaning more to Aston Uni, but eventually, I want to pick the uni/city that's best for me.

I feel like I'm stuck between higher quality education in Birmingham, or settle for lower quality education but being able to live in London.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Hi there!!

First of all congrats on your offers!

In terms of what you’ve told me I think Aston is a great place to live and is only a direct train away from London, and in my opinion you should choose the university that suits you best not the city that does!

Diverse student environment
Aston has a friendly international community from over 120 countries, supporting our students as they begin their successful careers around the world.

Due to our having a slightly smaller campus Aston is really diverse, yet tight knit community.

Good quality education

This course was ranked 3rd in the UK (Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking, 2019) and will equip you with the knowledge and skills for you to launch your career in marketing
Aston Business School is part of an elite group of business schools thanks to our triple accreditation from AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. We can help to enhance your career prospects, boost your earning potential and set you on the path to a successful, and rewarding career.

I hope this has been helpful but I’d really recommend having a look at this courses page here https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/strategic-marketing-management-msc-january-2022

- Poppy :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Aston University
Hi there!!

First of all congrats on your offers!

In terms of what you’ve told me I think Aston is a great place to live and is only a direct train away from London, and in my opinion you should choose the university that suits you best not the city that does!

Diverse student environment
Aston has a friendly international community from over 120 countries, supporting our students as they begin their successful careers around the world.

Due to our having a slightly smaller campus Aston is really diverse, yet tight knit community.

Good quality education

This course was ranked 3rd in the UK (Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking, 2019) and will equip you with the knowledge and skills for you to launch your career in marketing
Aston Business School is part of an elite group of business schools thanks to our triple accreditation from AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. We can help to enhance your career prospects, boost your earning potential and set you on the path to a successful, and rewarding career.

I hope this has been helpful but I’d really recommend having a look at this courses page here https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/strategic-marketing-management-msc-january-2022

- Poppy :smile:

Hi! Thanks for your reply, I actually already accepted my Aston offer last week, so I'm excited to start my course at your university :smile:
Original post by liliant
Hi! Thanks for your reply, I actually already accepted my Aston offer last week, so I'm excited to start my course at your university :smile:

Hi!!

Congrats! We’re excited to have you!

- poppy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending