The Student Room Group

University Application's (Queen Mary London or Uni of Southampton)

So I have got admits to the University of Southampton and the Queen Mary University of London for MSc in Artificial Intelligence. I'm very much confused about which uni should I choose to pursue my postgraduation because of both uni reputation as per internet.

My current choice is Queen Mary London because I feel London city will give me lots of opportunities as there are more tech companies than Southampton so chances of getting a good internship during course work are high and I can make good connections in the city. But as Southampton has a great reputation in terms of research work in the field of computer science I'm confused about which option should I go with?

I want to know more about both universities from current students or graduates in the field of Computer Science or Artificial Intelligence from these universities like overall student experience, jobs after graduation, etc. Also, I want to know which uni or city is more welcoming to Indians.
I attend Qmul as a nature student and attended Southampton 25 years ago. Both nice places. Both campuses. I like in London now and I lived in Southampton for a few years after university.

Qmul is clearly more diverse (70% non white entrants) but that does not mean Southampton is not and of course at a more mature level of study people are more there for the course and focussed than at degree level so everyone will be friendly rather than making tons of friends.
(I am not in tech so can’t help there)
Original post by Catherine1973
I attend Qmul as a nature student and attended Southampton 25 years ago. Both nice places. Both campuses. I like in London now and I lived in Southampton for a few years after university.

Qmul is clearly more diverse (70% non white entrants) but that does not mean Southampton is not and of course at a more mature level of study people are more there for the course and focussed than at degree level so everyone will be friendly rather than making tons of friends.
(I am not in tech so can’t help there)

Thanks for your response !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending