The Student Room Group

Phd supervisor wants to call me after interview

So it's been around a week and a half since my interview and I emailed on Monday to ask if there were any updates.

The supervisor has asked whether she can give me a call tomorrow. I have no idea how to take this - surely if it was a rejection then they'd just confirm by email??
Reply 1
The call could be about anything. I would suggest to not place much emphasis on it and instead to get on with doing something productive to pass the time.
Bear in mind also being admitted to the PhD doesn't necessarily mean you have been admitted with funding, unless it's a specifically preset funded PhD project. So prepare for that possibility (of being offered a PhD with no/partial funding only) too!
I'd reply that I look forward to talking to them tomorrow, and then i'd find out what they had to say.
Original post by artful_lounger
Bear in mind also being admitted to the PhD doesn't necessarily mean you have been admitted with funding, unless it's a specifically preset funded PhD project. So prepare for that possibility (of being offered a PhD with no/partial funding only) too!

That's exactly what I was thinking too.
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger

That's a good point! Luckily this PhD is a funded project. But still, there might be some discussion around that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending