The Student Room Group

What's the worst part of working in retail?

I've worked in retail for a total of 3 years part time and I genuinely hate it so much. I hate it so much that it pushes me to do better in school so I don't end up working there anymore. I don't get how people enjoy working in retail no wonder most are miserable deep down. It's so physically and mentally draining and there's so much hostility in the environment when all your co-workers do is gossip and talk bad about each other. It makes you think twice before saying anything to them because who knows what they say behind your back.
Customers, which is why I'll never get into it.
KARENS
Reply 3
Original post by urlocalinmate
Customers, which is why I'll never get into it.

YESSSS. the amount of rude customers I have come across and they don't realise how even a short encounter can really ruin our whole day whilst they go with their miserable lives trying to ruin everyone's day
Customers.
Don't get me wrong, some are great. Then there's some regulars who you can have a chat with.
But there's other customers who are nightmares.
Reply 5
Relentless targets, regular issues, some pretty unpleasant customers and weekend working are my recollections from my first job in retail management. Character building stuff though
Customers who pretend to be in a hurry. I had one customer huff at me becuase I "took too long" serving the person in front of the queue, saying she was in a hurry and blah blah... After she left, another customer told me that the karen had been in the store browsing for 30 minutes!!
The audiacity some people have is incredible...
When customers refuse to leave the store after telling them 3 different times that we’re closing/ closed - I have a life too you know :colonhash:
rude customers
working weekends

also where I work we handwrite receipts and do everything else by hand too and it’s an absolute nightmare, especially when they’ve bought hundreds of quids worth off stuff
Original post by Mesopotamian.
When customers refuse to leave the store after telling them 3 different times that we’re closing/ closed - I have a life too you know :colonhash:

This has got to be one of the worst
Have a look at notalwaysright.com

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending