The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge interview for MPhil in population health sciences

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SExy4433335
Hi,
I am an international student too - does it mean I won't be getting funding provided if I get an interview invite?
also, is there any update on interview invites for anyone, I was expecting it today based on the previous admission cycle 😕

No idea honestly, we can only guess. When I emailed asking about when we should expect invites or rejections for those applying by the December funding deadline the Admin did not even answer directly. They told me all updates would be on due course and we would be notified through the application portal...
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Has anyone had an interview yet? What questions will they ask?
Reply 42
Original post by unrecognizable-t
Has anyone had an interview yet? What questions will they ask?

hey can I ask when did you submit your application and when did you get your interview invite?
Reply 43
Hi,
I am an international student too - does it mean I won't be getting funding provided if I get an interview invite?
also, is there any update on interview invites for anyone, I was expecting it today based on the previous admission cycle 😕

it’s all speculation. Funding in Cambridge is a complete separate process from the admission process.
Reply 44
Just received an interview-Epi track
Reply 45
Original post by Yotsuha
Just received an interview-Epi track

Congrats! Would love to hear your feedback after the interview!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 46
Got my interview for ID!
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by davey194
Got my interview for ID!

Hey, congrats! may I know when did you apply?
Reply 48
Hey, congrats! may I know when did you apply?

dec 5th
Any UK nationals heard back yet??
Original post by Anonymous #6
Any UK nationals heard back yet??

Still waiting to hear back. I applied on 22 November and did not request funding.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by torchedmartlet
Still waiting to hear back. I applied on 22 November and did not request funding.

Looking at the admissions data, it seems that they are putting international students as their priority. I applied on the 4th of December with funding, but still haven't heard back. But people who applied later who are international (also with funding) have received responses.
Reply 52
Looking at the admissions data, it seems that they are putting international students as their priority. I applied on the 4th of December with funding, but still haven't heard back. But people who applied later who are international (also with funding) have received responses.

Hey, what admissions data are you referring to?
Should be on a website called whatdotheyknow which had data stating that more than I think 70% of admissions were international students outside of the EU (not accounting for EU or UK students).
Reply 54
Should be on a website called whatdotheyknow which had data stating that more than I think 70% of admissions were international students outside of the EU (not accounting for EU or UK students).

I see thank you!
If it provides any assistance, I applied 4th December for HDS, received interview invite on 22nd December, interviewed 12th January! It must be dependant on each track?
Has anyone interviewed in January heard back ? I applied 1st December, invited to interview on the 8th of Jan ( for the 9th ) and haven't had any movement since then ! I know it's only been a week but anxiety is driving me crazy. (Epi track )
Original post by Anonymous #8
Has anyone interviewed in January heard back ? I applied 1st December, invited to interview on the 8th of Jan ( for the 9th ) and haven't had any movement since then ! I know it's only been a week but anxiety is driving me crazy. (Epi track )

According to the programme's website, "you can expect to be informed of the outcome within approximately 4 weeks of your interview", but I think it can be as short as 2 weeks. Even if the department/faculty recommends you for an offer, it must pass through the Degree Committee (which takes 7 days), followed by the Postgraduate Admissions Office (which takes another ~7 days). I doubt they're working on weekends, so 14 business days means the earliest you'd expect to hear back is Monday, January 30th.
Original post by torchedmartlet
According to the programme's website, "you can expect to be informed of the outcome within approximately 4 weeks of your interview", but I think it can be as short as 2 weeks. Even if the department/faculty recommends you for an offer, it must pass through the Degree Committee (which takes 7 days), followed by the Postgraduate Admissions Office (which takes another ~7 days). I doubt they're working on weekends, so 14 business days means the earliest you'd expect to hear back is Monday, January 30th.

Thanks so much ! Been checking 24/7 to see any movement from departmental review to DC/POA etc 🤒🤒 so great to have an overall sense of the timeline
Based on a (limited sample size) on the broader Cambridge 2024 thread some people who interviewed in Jan seem to be moving between stages so perhaps it's moving a little quicker than expected timelines ! Fingers crossed for everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending