The Student Room Group

gcse maths too low?

I didn't get the best GCSE results, but not the worst. I passed all my GCSEs but I worry that they're not high enough to get into the big universities that i want to aim for. For example, I got a 5 in maths however i want to go onto achieve a BSc/BA in Business Management which most universities need a grade 6 or above at GCSE maths.
Universities that I am considering (York, Lancaster) do not require more than a 5 though. Will I be at a disadvantage if I apply to those despite meeting requirements? I don’t really want to retake GCSE maths either.
Original post by jasneedshelp
I didn't get the best GCSE results, but not the worst. I passed all my GCSEs but I worry that they're not high enough to get into the big universities that i want to aim for. For example, I got a 5 in maths however i want to go onto achieve a BSc/BA in Business Management which most universities need a grade 6 or above at GCSE maths.
Universities that I am considering (York, Lancaster) do not require more than a 5 though. Will I be at a disadvantage if I apply to those despite meeting requirements? I don’t really want to retake GCSE maths either.

GCSE’s only matter if your applying to the top 5 unis.As long as you meet the GCSE entry requirements and achieve good a level/btec grades e.g. AAA and a solid personal statement you will definitely have a chance getting in
Original post by Elijah2004
GCSE’s only matter if your applying to the top 5 unis.As long as you meet the GCSE entry requirements and achieve good a level/btec grades e.g. AAA and a solid personal statement you will definitely have a chance getting in

thank you for the reassurance! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest