The Student Room Group

Home Office AO Role

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bekahhh_

6. HOLD UP YOUR ID they will ask you to show a document from Group 1 (didn't know this was a thing they specifically requested on application)
Make sure you have ID on you, at least a photographic one, to show them on camera. They give you plenty of time to answer on this one so explain if you don't have a passport etc., on you or explain if you do not have any on you at the time of recording.

Does anyone know if this is routine for all Civil Service jobs? I completed one recently for EO in DWP but do not remember having to produce any forms of ID during interview stage

Thanks
Original post by JDSensations
Does anyone know if this is routine for all Civil Service jobs? I completed one recently for EO in DWP but do not remember having to produce any forms of ID during interview stage

Thanks

Yeah, this is a typical Civil Service process.

I also had a DWP interview recently and was told to send ID prior to my interview as well as having it on me at the beginning of the interview.

Some departments may do it slightly different but you will need to produce ID at some point.
Yeah, this is a typical Civil Service process.

I also had a DWP interview recently and was told to send ID prior to my interview as well as having it on me at the beginning of the interview.

Some departments may do it slightly different but you will need to produce ID at some point.

Thanks for the reply. I just hope I haven't missed a vital part. I knew I would have to confirm ID and address at some stage but don't think I have been prompted for it so far.
Was your interview pre-recorded or 'live'
Original post by JDSensations
Thanks for the reply. I just hope I haven't missed a vital part. I knew I would have to confirm ID and address at some stage but don't think I have been prompted for it so far.
Was your interview pre-recorded or 'live'

I would imagine you are okay and haven't missed anything. If you have missed anything I'm sure they would have made you aware otherwise you would not be able to sit interview etc :smile:

My interview was live with 2 panellists. I was asked to provide ID before my interview but as said some places do it differently :smile:
I would imagine you are okay and haven't missed anything. If you have missed anything I'm sure they would have made you aware otherwise you would not be able to sit interview etc :smile:

My interview was live with 2 panellists. I was asked to provide ID before my interview but as said some places do it differently :smile:

Yeah I would imagine they would ask for it before being offered a role.
Mine was pre-recorded so that could have something to do with it perhaps, but as you say, different departments operate differently.
Just such a long process of waiting for C.S jobs

thanks for replying.
Original post by Sarayoung
I did my interview on the 19th of November and heard back on the 16th of January to say I’m on the reserve list for 12 months

What is the reserve list? And what area did you apply for ? I'm still waiting to hear...
What does the reserve list mean?
Reply 27
Original post by ibrahimmahdi
What does the reserve list mean?

You will be put on a reserve list if you score more than the minimum required, but there is no role available for you yet. If a suitable role becomes available, they will be in touch (within 6 months).
Original post by Sha-z
You will be put on a reserve list if you score more than the minimum required, but there is no role available for you yet. If a suitable role becomes available, they will be in touch (within 6 months).

What determines if you are suitable for a role? A special score?
Reply 29
Original post by ibrahimmahdi
What determines if you are suitable for a role? A special score?

I believe they still go in merit order. E.g a role becomes available because someone they offered it to drops out, they will look at who on the reserve list scored the most (from that location) and make them a provisional offer.
Can you tell me what were the questions pls my interview is coming
Reply 31
Hi guys

I applied for the Home Office - Customer Services Group - Administrative Officer (AO) role and got through to the interview stage. It is through launchpad which is quite awkward anyway just talking to myself, but I’m so nervous.

I know the two behaviours they ask you about are delivering at pace and working together but I just have no clue what they will throw at me.

Has anyone done an interview yet with these behaviours? Do you remember what your interview questions were?

I have been searching but can’t really find anything so maybe this post will also help others who have applied too

Hi, have you got the Job yet? or still in a reserve List? Also if you remember any question to share please do so x
Hey guys, does anyone know questions asked for this interview
(edited 11 months ago)
Hi guys

I applied for the Home Office - Customer Services Group - Administrative Officer (AO) role and got through to the interview stage. It is through launchpad which is quite awkward anyway just talking to myself, but I’m so nervous.

I know the two behaviours they ask you about are delivering at pace and working together but I just have no clue what they will throw at me.

Has anyone done an interview yet with these behaviours? Do you remember what your interview questions were?

I have been searching but can’t really find anything so maybe this post will also help others who have applied too

Hi could u please tell me the questions you have been asked for?
Reply 34
Original post by Vidhyajay2017
Hi could u please tell me the questions you have been asked for?

Hey, I can’t remember exactly what questions came up as i did the interview last year November so it could be different now but on YouTube I typed the behaviours that they said they would interview us on and I watched the videos uploaded by CareerVidz I practised all the questions he said could come up and they all came up maybe just worded a bit differently
Have to do an interview for Customer Services Group - AO Operational Delivery Apprentice tonight.

Couldn't find any thread on this specific role but hoping it's similar to this one.

Could anyone please give me some tips on the questions likely to come up please?
Reply 36
Original post by Ruby Woo 83
Have to do an interview for Customer Services Group - AO Operational Delivery Apprentice tonight.

Couldn't find any thread on this specific role but hoping it's similar to this one.

Could anyone please give me some tips on the questions likely to come up please?

Hi I have shared my questions please have a look at it.
That's really helpful, thank you :smile:
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone here was offered a job for this role and if so, are you doing this work now and how do you like it?

I was offered this a few weeks ago and see that my NSVs have just completed today

Just wondering what this role is like and if people enjoy it?
Reply 39
Hi there great to hear that I have received a reply stating that they will let me know the outcome shortly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending