The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Access to Leeds scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Swiftie444
Hey! Bit late, but I hope all is well and you’ve hopefully got into your top choices. I’ve applied recently into the A2L scheme, was accepted and now waiting for april where i have to complete the two modules - although i wanted to ask, what are they based on? is it difficult to pass them? and if i were to fail does it mean i wouldn’t get access to a contextual offer anymore? I don’t understand why we have to complete an a written assessment to get a contextual offer - shouldn’t it be based around disadvantages and disruptions to study one experienced?

Don’t worry they are not hard to pass the only way to really fail is to just not submit anything at all. I doubt they will want to try and fail you and put you at even more of a disadvantage. You get lots of support for it too.

the modules are usually one that is study skills so skills you require for university and the other that is course specific, so for me I had to write a short essay related to my course.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Swiftie444
Hey! Bit late, but I hope all is well and you’ve hopefully got into your top choices. I’ve applied recently into the A2L scheme, was accepted and now waiting for april where i have to complete the two modules - although i wanted to ask, what are they based on? is it difficult to pass them? and if i were to fail does it mean i wouldn’t get access to a contextual offer anymore? I don’t understand why we have to complete an a written assessment to get a contextual offer - shouldn’t it be based around disadvantages and disruptions to study one experienced?

hiya! the assessment is very simple - study skills was just multiple choice and the essay section is just to write on a question/statement related to your course. they are relatively simple to pass - i think it’s more an assessment of your time management and how much you actually care for your place at the university. i think as long as you submit something - you should pass easily :smile:)
(edited 2 months ago)
Do you get to redo each section ? Does anyone know anyone that failed it ?

Quick Reply

Latest