The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh University Fashion Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qqychn
I'm actually doing a foundation course right now but for a-levels I got A*AA. Can I ask what's making you uncertain between your choices? Just general pros/cons?

Oh wow! They’re amazing grades, because you’re doing a foundation does that mean you’re going into second year?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
Oh wow! They’re amazing grades, because you’re doing a foundation does that mean you’re going into second year?

Thank you !! I think Edinburgh's the only different one because they offer a 4 year course and I'll be moved up to second. For all the others I'll start 1st year at 19
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by qqychn
congrats! definitely Edinburgh as of now. I really liked the atmosphere of UCLAN when I went but it's a bit too close to where I live for me to want to spend money on accommodation :redface:. I guess it depends whether you prefer larger or smaller cities. What's making you unsure?

NTU has a great course but it’s close to me and i originally wanted to move away, UCLAN seems good and the ppl and atmosphere seems nice too but i still have to go to offer holder days for ntu and edinburgh hopefully i’ll be able to make my mind up then
Original post by qqychn
Congrats! I'd say right now my top choice is Edinburgh. I'm not sure why but I've been slowly putting off NTU, but when I went for the open day I really liked the area and facilities. Where else did you apply/receive offers from?

i applied for MMU, Kingston, Central Lancashire, NTU, Edinburgh, i’ve been to the open day for NTU but i feel like i have to go for an offer holder day bc i genuinely don’t remember a lot, edinburgh is a lovely city too but it’s so far but if it’s good i’d deffo consider it as a first choice
Hi, I just got an offer for second year entry for edinburgh !! I applied for first but I did a HND in fashion design so I think that’s why they offered second, I’m still waiting to hear back from GSA for textiles (was rejected from fashion), edinburgh for textiles (but they usually reject your other choice if you get an offer for one) and UAL for fashion design womenswear. Is anyone definitely going to edinburgh that’s got an offer for fashion?
Original post by qqychn
Hi! no, unfortunately I haven’t had the chance to visit the uni yet, however I’ll definitely look into the course more. I was just wondering how they select suitable applicants and if you would happen to know why they have offered the alternative course. I’m presuming it’s due to the number of applicants they receive/not meeting the criteria etc… If that’s the case I’m curious as to the sorts of attributes they look for in portfolios?

Hi @qqychn,

I would definitely advise to come and visit the Uni as seeing the Uni in person is what made me want to join!

Offering alternative courses within Fashion here at KSA is because we have lots and lots of interest for one of our most popular courses! The alternative courses offered are still within the fashion department and you would still be able to access the benefits of this department through the facilities and you are still able to access the same exposure to the industry.

If you did submit a portfolio, the admissions tutors or course leaders would then view these. As you were offered an alternative course, the head of department would have made this decision. If you have any questions for him, you are more than welcome to send him an email ([email protected]).

Hope this helps and we hope that you join us in September!

-Yasmin
Original post by qqychn
Wow that’s amazing congrats! I received an offer from Edinburgh last night :biggrin: Have you heard back from them? If not I’m sure it’ll be within a few weeks. Have you any idea of your top choices yet?
Hi, I applied to Edinburgh this year for fashion, I was wondering how long it took you to hear back? I’ve got offers from all my other choices just waiting on Edinburgh which is the only one I really want aha
Original post by B1bag0ymer
Hi, I applied to Edinburgh this year for fashion, I was wondering how long it took you to hear back? I’ve got offers from all my other choices just waiting on Edinburgh which is the only one I really want aha

Hi! I study at edinburgh with the user you mentioned, we both heard back around the beginning of march last year, but I know (from applying previously) that that’s pretty early for Edinburgh. So far there’s been no offer holder days going on (last years was the 5th april but people still got offers after that), so I’m unsure if they’ve sent out any offers at all. Good luck !!
Original post by mothdoll
Hi! I study at edinburgh with the user you mentioned, we both heard back around the beginning of march last year, but I know (from applying previously) that that’s pretty early for Edinburgh. So far there’s been no offer holder days going on (last years was the 5th april but people still got offers after that), so I’m unsure if they’ve sent out any offers at all. Good luck !!

Hiya, I got an offer! To start second year in September. I’m so pleased but I have to pass my foundation with a merit and I’m doing it at central saint martins so I’m not sure if I’m going to get a merit as they mark so harshly :// I’m going to the open day on the 24th though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending