The Student Room Group

Changing course after deferring.

Hi everyone - I recently deferred my position on a course at University College London due to mental health issues - I have since realised that, while I like UCL, that particular course is no longer the path I want to go down. Should I re-apply to the course I want to do through UCAS, or should I go back through my deferred spot and try to change course once I am back at school there in the autumn? As I say, I enjoy the quality of teaching, campus facilities, etc., offered at the university, I just don't think the course is for me having taken some time to reflect. What is my most sensible course of action?

Many thanks in advance.
(edited 1 year ago)
First thing to do would be to contact the admissions department of UCL and ask it there is the possibility of changing courses directly with them. They may say yes, which would mean no more would be needed by you.

If they don't permit this, you could then put in a new application. Is it to start this coming September (2023)? If so, the UCAS deadline is today and you would need your teachers to sort the reference, and you to sort a new application, which is still possible but it would be a tight turn around
As above, try to sort out a swap with UCL directly.

You won't be able to submit a new application via UCAS whilst you are placed with them though.
Hi just coming back to say I did call them earlier and sorted out a way forward.

many thanks for both of your help !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending