The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

don't mean to sound offensive, but are boots and lloyd pharmacies the only places that you can get jobs once you've got a pharmacy degree???
...just a (misinformed??) conclusion I came to after hearing some stuff about pharmacy/seeing this thread..
Reply 121
raspberryice
don't mean to sound offensive, but are boots and lloyd pharmacies the only places that you can get jobs once you've got a pharmacy degree???
...just a (misinformed??) conclusion I came to after hearing some stuff about pharmacy/seeing this thread..

Not at all! Thye are just two of the main companies in one of the fields of pharmacy.
There are obviously loads of different companies that have their own pharmacies such as the main supermarkets, and then independant pharmacies etc... But that is just community pharmacy, and the pharmacist that works in there checks and dispenses prescriptions, counsels patients about how to take medications, might do some medicine use reviews and in the future will have more responsibility such as the new NHS health MOT things.

There is also a whole other type of work you can do in a hospital. Being a hospital pharmacist is very different! And there are loads of different things you could be doing, like going on the wards to take a drug history from new patients, checking the patients have the best care plan, working out doses etc..

All in all, once you graduate there are loads of choices! You could even go into industry! GSK etc.. Where you would do research into new drugs and stuff!
Personally I think pharmacy is a great thing to be going in to especially with some of the changes they are making!

And on the subject of the thread, lloyds STILL have not got back to me. I wouldn't even do the placemement anyway seeing as I have accepted an offer from boots, but I think it's quite rude to have not even rejected me yet!
fizzerz
Not at all! Thye are just two of the main companies in one of the fields of pharmacy.
There are obviously loads of different companies that have their own pharmacies such as the main supermarkets, and then independant pharmacies etc... But that is just community pharmacy, and the pharmacist that works in there checks and dispenses prescriptions, counsels patients about how to take medications, might do some medicine use reviews and in the future will have more responsibility such as the new NHS health MOT things.

There is also a whole other type of work you can do in a hospital. Being a hospital pharmacist is very different! And there are loads of different things you could be doing, like going on the wards to take a drug history from new patients, checking the patients have the best care plan, working out doses etc..

All in all, once you graduate there are loads of choices! You could even go into industry! GSK etc.. Where you would do research into new drugs and stuff!
Personally I think pharmacy is a great thing to be going in to especially with some of the changes they are making!

And on the subject of the thread, lloyds STILL have not got back to me. I wouldn't even do the placemement anyway seeing as I have accepted an offer from boots, but I think it's quite rude to have not even rejected me yet!

ah cool, thanks for the information!
hey guys, I've just joined...Are these pre-reg placements for 2010-2011 you're talking about?

If so, I havent even done my lloyds interview yet - got it next week. How come mines so late?
A lot of you seem to be from london..I've applied for a position in manchester, would that maybe be why?

Also, how good are my chances? Are most people who have managed to get an interview successful? I really need to get this :frown:
Reply 124
Good Luck!
Has anyone done a lloyds summer placement, if so what is it like?

Latest

Trending

Trending