The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

What do you need done before 30th June for a guaranteed offer?

I recently got a conditional offer for postgraduate study at the University of Kent and I am also looking to get into on-campus accommodation for September. I know that to get a guaranteed offer I have to have sent in an accommodation application before 30th June (which I have), but do I need to do anything else before then (such as confirming that I have met the conditions of the offer) or can I do that part after the 30th (if my results release date is slightly after) and still be eligible for a guaranteed offer?

Cheers.
Original post by NB273
I recently got a conditional offer for postgraduate study at the University of Kent and I am also looking to get into on-campus accommodation for September. I know that to get a guaranteed offer I have to have sent in an accommodation application before 30th June (which I have), but do I need to do anything else before then (such as confirming that I have met the conditions of the offer) or can I do that part after the 30th (if my results release date is slightly after) and still be eligible for a guaranteed offer?

Cheers.

Hi there :smile:

Our application pages open every year in mid-January for the year you wish to apply for and you should aim to apply by 30 June. Our application pages will remain open after this date and we will accept late applications, but applying by 30 June means you are guaranteed an offer of accommodation. As long as you have applied for accommodation before this date and meet the entry requirements for your course then you will be guaranteed an accommodation offer. Hope this helps

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Kent Reps
Hi there :smile:

Our application pages open every year in mid-January for the year you wish to apply for and you should aim to apply by 30 June. Our application pages will remain open after this date and we will accept late applications, but applying by 30 June means you are guaranteed an offer of accommodation. As long as you have applied for accommodation before this date and meet the entry requirements for your course then you will be guaranteed an accommodation offer. Hope this helps

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep

Thank you for your response. So it is definite that you need to have submitted the application before the 30th but just to clarify the rest, would this mean that I only have to submit the accommodation offer before the 30th to get a guaranteed accommodation offer and then I can show that I've met the entry requirements shortly after? Or do you mean that I would have to submit the application and meet the entry requirements before the 30th?
Original post by NB273
Thank you for your response. So it is definite that you need to have submitted the application before the 30th but just to clarify the rest, would this mean that I only have to submit the accommodation offer before the 30th to get a guaranteed accommodation offer and then I can show that I've met the entry requirements shortly after? Or do you mean that I would have to submit the application and meet the entry requirements before the 30th?

Hello there

Yes, if you submit an accommodation application before the 30th of June, you will be guaranteed an accommodation offer. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee you will get your first choice, so I would recommend applying sooner rather than later. If you meet this deadline, you will most likely receive your offer before you meet the entry requirements and this is normal. As long as you accept the accommodation offer, your place will be held until you meet the entry requirements and your place at Kent is fully secured.

You can find all the information about the accommodation application process here:

https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/accommodation/how-to-apply-for-student-accommodation-at-kent/?utm_source=accomm&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=homepage

Hope this helps,
Please let us know if you have any further questions

Adam - Uni of Kent Rep
Reply 4
Ok that's perfect, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending