The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Does anybody know LSE's policy on students in the process of getting a diagnosis?

Hello!

I'm posting this here, as I emailed LSE's disability support email address about this almost two weeks ago, but still haven't heard back so I thought I'd ask here in case anybody knew.

I am a prospective student currently waiting to hear back from LSE on whether I have been offered a place or not. I am also currently in the process of getting diagnosed with autism. Due to numerous frustrating factors, I've been waiting for three years (Was referred for an assessment at 16, but aged out of CAHMS waiting list before getting an assessment, and have been on the adult waiting list for over a year now).

The other universities I've applied to seem to have policies about this. They state on their websites that for ADHD and Autism, you can get support from the university even if you haven't been officially diagnosed, because of the common long waiting times, you just have to have a letter from a GP confirming that they referred you and think you display symptoms of one of these. However I can't seem to find any information on LSE's website to see if they offer the same thing.

I was wondering if anybody knows if LSE has a similar policy, or whether they only offer support to those who have been officially diagnosed?

To clarify in case anyone misunderstands, this isn't about DSA, I'm almost sure I'm not eligible for that without a formal diagnosis, but talking more about support specifically from the university.

Thank you so much for any help or advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending