The Student Room Group

Emailing Uni admissions to express interest

i’ve been waiting on a university since september 23rd and applied 2 times last year (got rejected for both in May). i was thinking of emailing the admissions to explain how they are my very very top choice and summarise my skills and what i have done since i applied in September. does anyone know if this is a good idea or have past experience with this?
No, this would be a complete waste of time for an undergraduate UCAS application. It won't affect your chances of being made an offer, nor will it accelerate you getting a decision either way. You just have to wait to receive a decision - they have until sometime in May usually at the least.
I agree, a waste of time. It won’t affect the outcome and every minute answering these emails is a minute not spent sending decisions.
Original post by artful_lounger
No, this would be a complete waste of time for an undergraduate UCAS application. It won't affect your chances of being made an offer, nor will it accelerate you getting a decision either way. You just have to wait to receive a decision - they have until sometime in May usually at the least.

Original post by Admit-One
I agree, a waste of time. It won’t affect the outcome and every minute answering these emails is a minute not spent sending decisions.

thank you for the advice guys. you don’t even think it’s worth expressing that if i were to get an offer i’d firm it and how my job was influenced me as a person even more?
Reply 4
I can understand how you are feeling right now and why you want to email them. However, you need to know that even if you emailed them, it won't change the outcome of your application.
Original post by AnonymousHS
thank you for the advice guys. you don’t even think it’s worth expressing that if i were to get an offer i’d firm it and how my job was influenced me as a person even more?

Nope.

At best you’ll get a polite thank template email and yours will just be deleted. Unis can’t let emails influence application outcomes. Everything they need is in UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending