The Student Room Group

Further Maths GCSE

Hi
Is anyone able to like describe or quickly explain what calculus and matrixes are?
Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by A____J
Hi
Is anyone able to like describe or quickly explain what calculus and matrixes are?
Thanks!

Do you want to learn calculus and matrices now? quickly?

that's tough

calculus for further maths gcse is just differentiation: finding the gradient function

matrices are a way to lay out and solve equations using [ ]

hope this helps.

PS u should probably know this already if you are going to be sitting the exams this year!
Reply 2
A matrix is an array of numbers that often represent graphical transformations. Matrices are more than one matrix.

Calculus is the branch of mathematics that deals with analysis of functions, usually by taking infinitesimal differences or sums over a range, i.e. integration and differentiation.

Calculus is always fairly cool.
Matrices are pretty boring at GCSE FM.
Good luck :smile:!
Reply 3
Original post by Tahannn
Do you want to learn calculus and matrices now? quickly?

that's tough

calculus for further maths gcse is just differentiation: finding the gradient function

matrices are a way to lay out and solve equations using [ ]

hope this helps.

PS u should probably know this already if you are going to be sitting the exams this year!

lol thanks, i wasn't in for half the lessons we were taught it
Reply 4
Original post by Jam.123
A matrix is an array of numbers that often represent graphical transformations. Matrices are more than one matrix.

Calculus is the branch of mathematics that deals with analysis of functions, usually by taking infinitesimal differences or sums over a range, i.e. integration and differentiation.

Calculus is always fairly cool.
Matrices are pretty boring at GCSE FM.
Good luck :smile:!

thank you so much, rlly apprecaite it
so with the matrix stuff, do u hav to like times something?
oh im rlly good at functions so it should be ok
thanks for the help xx

Quick Reply

Latest