The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2024 - Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harrrt
Just found out I've been accepted for PD, good luck everyone. Glad the wait is over.

Nice! How long were you waiting?
Since Feb 2nd, doesn't seem like a lot of time now but it was everyday of checking emails constantly.
Just found out I got accepted to the commercial scheme. The wait was intense and I hope everyone still waiting hears back soon!

Edited to add that I submitted my FSB on 07/02/2024 and heard back on 27/03/2024, incase anyone is here next year trying to figure out what the the wait times were for this year 😄 I definitely had my fair share of going through last year's thread.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Remi24
Just found out I got accepted to the commercial scheme. The wait was intense and I hope everyone still waiting hears back soon!
Edited to add that I submitted my FSB on 07/02/2024 and heard back on 27/03/2024, incase anyone is here next year trying to figure out what the the wait times were for this year 😄 I definitely had my fair share of going through last year's thread.

Congrats.
Got my commercial offer today. Fsb date:06/03/2024 Offer: 27/03/2024
Congrats to all the commercial who are hearing back today! Wondering if anyone's seen any GES acceptances or rejections? Heard nout from them but I did only examine last week.
Does anyone know what the pre employment checks consist of?
Original post by econmonster25
right to work, employment history, time abroad, personal and academic or work reference basically. waiting for mine to complete. apparently takes about 2 weeks

Was this in the offer email or did they email separately? My offer emails says relevant team will get in touch.
Original post by mud_amin123
Was this in the offer email or did they email separately? My offer emails says relevant team will get in touch.

It will be in another email. I've seen other people say the onboarding email may come over a week after the congrats email.
Does anybody know what the qualification is that the Finance Fast Stream option provides?
Original post by Minorh
Does anybody know what the qualification is that the Finance Fast Stream option provides?

it varies, they let you pick i think from some options. Have you done your fsb yet? (or heard back if you have?)
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by DeclanGuilfoyle
it varies, they let you pick i think from some options. Have you done your fsb yet? (or heard back if you have?)

Not yet! I applied for the GES and had the FSB on the 25th. This is my second preference - FSB on Wednesday! Thanks for the help - do you know the options?
Original post by Minorh
Not yet! I applied for the GES and had the FSB on the 25th. This is my second preference - FSB on Wednesday! Thanks for the help - do you know the options?

Professional accountancy
qualification with ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA Or ICAEW
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by Sammy1239
Professional accountancy
qualification with ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA Or ICAEW

Terrific! Thank you! Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the government finance academy is something that fast streamers will be using?
Original post by Minorh
Terrific! Thank you! Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the government finance academy is something that fast streamers will be using?

Hey there,

Yes.

While most of the formal training for the finance qualification you choose will be delivered through tuition providers (BPP, First Intuition etc), there are also development activities that are undertaken through the GFA (Government Finance Academy).

Hope that helps.
Is anyone else still waiting for FSB results?
Original post by lauraham
Is anyone else still waiting for FSB results?

yep, finance. Only been 2 weeks tbf which isnt the longest. What about you?
A bit shocked as had thought my chance slim but I've just been offered Commercial.
Original post by Deeosull
A bit shocked as had thought my chance slim but I've just been offered Commercial.

Yaaaay that's so exciting! I remember us both saying we didn't think the FSB went well. It just shows that we often judge ourselves the harshest! I'm so glad you got in!

Congrats!
Original post by Remi24
Yaaaay that's so exciting! I remember us both saying we didn't think the FSB went well. It just shows that we often judge ourselves the harshest! I'm so glad you got in!
Congrats!

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending