The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Architecture full time - hours per week

Hello all, I am looking to see if there is anyone on here that could tell me what a full time Foundation entry architecture course would entail time wise?
I am looking to enrol at UCLAN, but unsure of the expectations of the course per week. The only reason I am asking is so I can plan ahead in terms of getting a part time job. A student loan would unfortunately not cover my bills / living costs.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Original post by jesikahginn
Hello all, I am looking to see if there is anyone on here that could tell me what a full time Foundation entry architecture course would entail time wise?
I am looking to enrol at UCLAN, but unsure of the expectations of the course per week. The only reason I am asking is so I can plan ahead in terms of getting a part time job. A student loan would unfortunately not cover my bills / living costs.

Thank you!

Hi there @jesikahginn, :smile:

How are you? It's great to hear that you are interested in studying here at UCLan! 🌹

Let me speak to one of our course lecturers for BSc (Hons) Architecture and I will get back to you regarding the courses structure.

From my experience you should be able to fit a part time job around your studies. Have you considered becoming a student ambassador? This is a great role to have while being a student as it offer flexibility around your studies. You will usually find these student roles on the SU website or you can contact us directly to enquire about what roles are available to students.

Best wishes,
Sarah
(edited 6 months ago)
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UCLan Ambassador

How are you? It's great to hear that you are interested in studying here at UCLan! 🌹

Let me speak to one of our course lecturers for BSc (Hons) Architecture and I will get back to you regarding the courses structure.

From my experience you should be able to fit a part time job around your studies. Have you considered becoming a student ambassador? This is a great role to have while being a student as it offer flexibility around your studies. You will usually find these student roles on the SU website or you can contact us directly to enquire about what roles are available to students.

Best wishes,
Sarah

Amazing thank you so much for helping me with this.

What would being an ambassador entail? Do you want to private message me with information? :smile:
Amazing thank you so much for helping me with this.

What would being an ambassador entail? Do you want to private message me with information? :smile:

Here at UCLan our Student Ambassadors play an important role with:

Open days
Graduation
School & college visits
Speaking to the next set of students about your experience
Involvement in virtual events and live chats

This is a paid role with flexible hours which should help you fit work around your studies and personal life.

I hope this helps :smile:

Sarah

Thank you!

Our BSc (Hons) Architecture (Foundation Entry) course is a 4 year course taught face-to-face at our Preston campus.

Our course tutors have advised that for September 2024 entry, students will have a timetable of:
- Semester 1 - Tuesday 10-5pm, Wednesday 10-12pm, Thurs 10-5pm, Fri 10-5pm
- Semester 2 - Tues 10-5pm, Wed 10-12 noon, Thurs 10-5pm

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions. :smile:

Best wishes,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending