The Student Room Group

Already losing motivation (new job)

I really don't understand what's wrong with me, I started a new job 5 weeks ago and I'm already losing my motivation. The commuting is draining me (I leave at 7am and get home 7pm due to train times/strikes/delays) and my job is not fulfilling. I actually applied for a different role within the company and went through rigorous interviews for the role I have now, which is admin and very boring. It's a great company but I regret not taking another job offer I had, which was more money, closer to home and a more interesting role.

I just hate feeling like I've already given up but that's exactly how I feel. I don't know what to do!
Original post by eldorado14
I really don't understand what's wrong with me, I started a new job 5 weeks ago and I'm already losing my motivation. The commuting is draining me (I leave at 7am and get home 7pm due to train times/strikes/delays) and my job is not fulfilling. I actually applied for a different role within the company and went through rigorous interviews for the role I have now, which is admin and very boring. It's a great company but I regret not taking another job offer I had, which was more money, closer to home and a more interesting role.

I just hate feeling like I've already given up but that's exactly how I feel. I don't know what to do!

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. Do you feel like you could speak to your manager and let them know how you're feeling? If you have any ideas for things that would be useful to you, or would make the role more fitting for you (even if something like hybrid working is an option to reduce commuting), perhaps you could try requesting it?

I appreciate this could be quite daunting when you're so new into the role. The other thing is to see if there are any other vacancies at the same company and ask if you could move across, either now or in the near future so that at least it's something to aim for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending