The Student Room Group

UK Student Visa Question

I am a US citizen (based in Berlin) who has an offer for the MA Art and Politics at Goldsmiths in 2024. I am trying to prepare for the the financial aspects of the course, and am not sure I am going to manage to qualify, even if I take out a loan for the tuition itself.

I read on the UK government website that its necessary to have about €1539 per month (x9), or €13,851 in total in order to be accepted for the student visa. There is absolutely no way I will be able to save this much between now and next year.

I am wondering if anyone else has faced this dilemma, and if there are any ways around it?
Thanks for your help!
Original post by RenMauney
I am a US citizen (based in Berlin) who has an offer for the MA Art and Politics at Goldsmiths in 2024. I am trying to prepare for the the financial aspects of the course, and am not sure I am going to manage to qualify, even if I take out a loan for the tuition itself.

I read on the UK government website that its necessary to have about €1539 per month (x9), or €13,851 in total in order to be accepted for the student visa. There is absolutely no way I will be able to save this much between now and next year.

I am wondering if anyone else has faced this dilemma, and if there are any ways around it?
Thanks for your help!

Congratulations on your offer. Apologies I don't have experience of VISA's to share. However I can let you know that London, even South East London (Where you will be at Goldsmiths) is very expensive compared to Berlin. So I would take the suggested amounts you will need seriously when considering your options.
btw, I am also applying for an MA at Goldsmiths but haven't heard anything yet.
Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending