The Student Room Group

RVC Gateway

Scroll to see replies

also just a few quick questions for everyone here just to keep me occupied lol

when was your interview dates?

roughly how many students were at your interview?

I only ask because my interview was on march 19th and there was only about 15-20 students there give or take so i thought it was odd there were that few of us :smile:
Original post by slayingasavet

I only ask because my interview was on march 19th and there was only about 15-20 students there give or take so i thought it was odd there were that few of us :smile:

I interviewed for the 5 year course on December 19th and I had over 30-40 people there. Ik it's not for the same course but I think there's gonna be some crossover.
From what I've seen online 2021 had 366 applicants, with 202 interviews, 74 offers and 45 places for the course.
Reply 62
My DD went on the 19th as well we applied for both 5yr and Gateway. Got put on hold for 5yr sorry
(edited 1 month ago)

Mine was for gateway only and if I’m doing the math correctly the upper bound maximum of people that should have been there is about 50 on that day and it did honestly look like it. Idk if I’m correct but I think there were four weeks of gateway interviews so 50 x 4 is about 200 ppl then there is ppl who appllied for both 5 year and gateway so that’s maybe about 230 ish in consideration. When given the statistics for last year on the day it was about 200 people who applied and around 70 people who got offers and 49 people who accepted and got onto the course
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 64
Original post by eternity-4
Mine was for gateway only and if I’m doing the math correctly the upper bound maximum of people that should have been there is about 50 on that day and it did honestly look like it. Idk if I’m correct but I think there were four weeks of gateway interviews so 50 x 4 is about 200 ppl then there is ppl who appllied for both 5 year and gateway so that’s maybe about 230 ish in consideration. When given the statistics for last year on the day it was about 200 people who applied and around 70 people who got offers and 49 people who accepted and got onto the course

So per youe data 35% got offers last year and if we consider 230 approx candidates we will have around approx 80 offers this year ?
Original post by eternity-4

sounds about right to me! but remember the last gateway interview which was mine only had no more than 20, im guessing they dont like to interview much more than 200 applicants for gateway as its only about 36% offer rate

however, if we are wrong it could be a situation like 2019 where only about 120 people were interviewed and 80+ got offers (im pretty sure). for some reason applicants wildly fluctuates for gateway but have been generally more in recent years

guess its hard to speculate haha

I had mine on the 7th of dec for the normal 5 year but also counts for gateway . There was so so many students at mine I’d say definitely a good 50
Original post by Scarle.1234
I had mine on the 7th of dec for the normal 5 year but also counts for gateway . There was so so many students at mine I’d say definitely a good 50

That was my interview date too! Definitely a lot of people, I went to the morning session and could only find 2 other people who were doing the gateway :biggrin:
Original post by lilylovescats111
That was my interview date too! Definitely a lot of people, I went to the morning session and could only find 2 other people who were doing the gateway :biggrin:
omg no way I did the morning session too !! We must’ve seen each other haha
(edited 1 month ago)
omg no way I did the morning session too !! We must’ve seen each other haha

I’m really enjoying seeing the statistics in this chat, it’s nice knowing as much information as possible. What was your result for the 5 year?
I’m really enjoying seeing the statistics in this chat, it’s nice knowing as much information as possible. What was your result for the 5 year?

I still haven’t heard anything :/// it’s making me so so stressed but I had a friend that interviewed a few days before me who got rejected and is also waiting for gateway
I still haven’t heard anything :/// it’s making me so so stressed but I had a friend that interviewed a few days before me who got rejected and is also waiting for gateway

I would take no news as good news! Surrey gave out the bulk of their offers months ago and me still waiting thought it was a guaranteed rejection, but nope got an offer! So stay hopeful

wait lily did you guys already get the results for your interview?
So is the general consensus that after the interview there’s about a 1/3 chance of getting an offer for the gateway?
wait lily did you guys already get the results for your interview?

Do you mean the breakdown? If so no :/
All I’ve received is a rejection from the 5 year lol, which makes me feel like I’m less likely to get into the gateway
2019 2020 2021
Applications 257 245 366
Interviews 126 123 202
Offer 83 82 74
Places 45 58* 45

These statistics were shared by RVC, on a website called whatdotheyknow.com

these are gateway statistics
2019 2020 2021
Applications 257 245 366
Interviews 126 123 202
Offer 83 82 74
Places 45 58* 45

Thankyou😁 not sure I like the trend of more interviews and less offers lol
2019 2020 2021
Applications 257 245 366
Interviews 126 123 202
Offer 83 82 74
Places 45 58* 45

I went to the RVC Sutton trust summer school and they gave us 2022 statistics. I will attach the picture in this post hopefully it doesn’t disappear like it did last time IMG_0727.jpeg
and for the 2023 cohort, i also remember that there was about 220 interviews and 70 offers with 45 to 50 places if memory serves

so the trend we should be expecting for this year is out of 200+ applicants, 70-80 offers in total (whether from a straight offer or from being on the hold list) and 45+ people will end up enrolled in sept. however this is just a speculation as it could be a much higher % for an offer like 2019 (66%) or it could be a lower % of offers if there were more interviews but im doubting they go much higher than 200 interviews due to the limited spaces

oh i just realised, 2022 had a similar amount of applicants as 2019, so the trend is very irregular- as 2021 and 2023 had much more applicants and interviews
(edited 1 month ago)
Do you guys have any idea what time they tend to send out responses?? from what I’ve gathered it’s like around 5pm. I just wanna stop checking my phone all the time 😭

yep it seems to be about 5pm from recent years but it could definitely change

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending