The Student Room Group

UCAT 2024 Entry Discussions Megathread

Click here for last year's thread

Important: read this first https://www.ucat.ac.uk/

Click here for key dates to look out for. The below dates were taken from this link:

16 May 2023 - You can make your account and Bursary and Access Arrangement applications open

20 June 2023 - Booking opens

10 July 2023 - Testing starts

19 September 2023 - Access Arrangement application deadline

21 September 2023 - Booking deadline

28 September 2023 - Last test day

29 September 2023 - Bursary Scheme application deadline

16 October 2023 - UCAS deadline

Early November 2023 - Results delivered to universities

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

FAQs:

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2023 Admissions Tests:
UCAT 2023 Discussion
BMAT 2023 Discussion
GAMSAT 2023 Discussion
UCAT 2023 Results

Other application years:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
Reply 2
I have been rejected by all of my universities this year, which means I need to resit the ucat. I always hear about people taking a gap year, but I want to reapply this year. Am I allowed to resit my ucat and reapply this year, or do I have to take a year out?
Original post by Alvi_04
I have been rejected by all of my universities this year, which means I need to resit the ucat. I always hear about people taking a gap year, but I want to reapply this year. Am I allowed to resit my ucat and reapply this year, or do I have to take a year out?

Yes, so you would sit your UCAT again from 10 July onwards and reapply for 16th October this year for 2024 entry. Does this answer your question?
Hi guys, I applied for medicine this year but got rejected from all my unis so I’m gonna take a gap year and re apply. I don’t want to do the BMAT again as I hated it an just want to do UCAT. so would
It be best to do my UCAT date as late as possible and not do the BMAT or do the UCAT earlier and do the BMAT if a I get a bad score? The reason why I want to do the UCAT late is so I can have a little rest after exams and also spend more time practicing and also see what I get on my a levels cause if I don’t get at least AAA then I can’t do a gap year and re apply and probs gonna have to do biomed
hey all, I did the UCAT for 2023 entry and scored 2910 B2, now starting Medicine at St George’s University of London in September, PM me if you’d like any assistance with the UCAT/interviews xx
Reply 6
Original post by Jlcobham8
hey all, I did the UCAT for 2023 entry and scored 2910 B2, now starting Medicine at St George’s University of London in September, PM me if you’d like any assistance with the UCAT/interviews xx

Hang around on the threads and answer questions, then your responses can be seen by lots of different people 😊

Hi, did you take a gap year?
Original post by B7861
Hi, did you take a gap year?

hey, no i’m a graduate
so I have done my BSc and Msc
hey, no i’m a graduate
so I have done my BSc and Msc

oh ok, so did you take your BSc/ MSc in hope of applying to medicine after completion?
Original post by B7861
oh ok, so did you take your BSc/ MSc in hope of applying to medicine after completion?

yeah i did

Hi, I’m retaking ucat this year, have you got any major tips for how you did so well, is there any sections you did super well on & what you used to practice and what you practised the most?
Original post by JoeDash
Hi, I’m retaking ucat this year, have you got any major tips for how you did so well, is there any sections you did super well on & what you used to practice and what you practised the most?

Hi, I scored 870/900 on Abstract Reasoning, that was my best section, so for 1 or 2 wrong.

I used medify mainly
some people think having a 1-1 tutor can also help

happy for you to PM me

Did you apply for the graduate entry course or undergrad?
Original post by PastelColours
Did you apply for the graduate entry course or undergrad?

Undergrad courses only (although I am a graduate, but decided to apply only for undergrad due to the competition in the graduate entry courses)
Undergrad courses only (although I am a graduate, but decided to apply only for undergrad due to the competition in the graduate entry courses)

ah ok, if you don’t mind me asking how are thinking of funding the degree?
ah ok, if you don’t mind me asking how are thinking of funding the degree?

I have applied for maintenance loan, and I have been working full time for the past 1.5 years so have also saved up a bit

are you planning to apply for undergrad as a grad ?
I have applied for maintenance loan, and I have been working full time for the past 1.5 years so have also saved up a bit

are you planning to apply for undergrad as a grad ?

Not sure yet as I’m a first year biomed student. Will have to have a think! Maybe I’ll do a mix
Not sure yet as I’m a first year biomed student. Will have to have a think! Maybe I’ll do a mix

Hi, I got an offer for biomed as a backup for med but didn’t get any offers for med. I’m planning on taking a gap year if I get at least AAA but if I don’t I’m gonna have to take up my offer for biomed and apply again for med afterwards. What’s the degree like and is it very very challenging or ok?
Original post by B7861
Hi, I got an offer for biomed as a backup for med but didn’t get any offers for med. I’m planning on taking a gap year if I get at least AAA but if I don’t I’m gonna have to take up my offer for biomed and apply again for med afterwards. What’s the degree like and is it very very challenging or ok?

Hey I did biomed, when I didn’t get into Medicine after sixth form and it came with its challenges but overall it was really interesting and enjoyable
I managed to get a 1st, so happy to assist or answer anymore questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending